Is there a way to merge libraries/have sublibraries?

SenatorIvy

SenatorIvy

Hello!

I could have sworn the other day that it was possible to group multiple libraries together in the library view, but now I'm finding myself insane, as it doesn't seem to be the case.

I've got an interesting layout that seems necessary for my wrestling.  What was originally a Mixed Content single library called Wrestling I have reorganized into 3 separate libraries:

Wrestling - Documentaries

Wrestling - Shows

Wrestling - Misc

I would like these to appear in the main libraries list just as "Wrestling" with the sub-libraries then being listed when one enters the initial Wrestling library.  Is this possible or am I nutty? Wrestling is an odd thing.

arche

I have a Wrestling library for a family member. I have sub categories (mixed content library), not sure if this is the same thing, but this is my layout

WWE (main folder)

|

-----WWE (summer slam folder)

-----WWE (wrestlemania folder)

-----etc..

Each show in different sub categories for me. Not sure if this is what you are referring to.

Hi.  The setting is still there - all the way at the bottom of the "Home Screen" page in user display settings (click user icon).

SenatorIvy

Hi.  The setting is still there - all the way at the bottom of the "Home Screen" page in user display settings (click user icon).

That's where I saw it, thanks!

However it seems to make new libraries of Movies and TV Shows out of the contents; is it possible to tag libraries and choose what the result gets named?

I have a Wrestling library for a family member. I have sub categories (mixed content library), not sure if this is the same thing, but this is my layout

WWE (main folder)

|

-----WWE (summer slam folder)

-----WWE (wrestlemania folder)

-----etc..

Each show in different sub categories for me. Not sure if this is what you are referring to.

That's basically what I was doing previously but wanted the benefit of the TV show aspect ratio for the posters, as a mixed-media folder seems to use a wider AR for its thumbnail posters, so all the contents look stretched out and wonky when they have posters for them.  If I can't choose specifics for a library set I might just go back to the single Wrestling library and have to cope with the bad poster size. :(