3.4.0.0-1 Update Failure

jonescrusher

jonescrusher

I updated to 3.4.0.0-1 but the server crashes when attempt to display all movies.  Tried uninstalling coverart plugin and doing various reboots but crash always happens no matter whether web or dedicated client used.  Here is the log for access via Emby-theater.  ANy hints on what to try next or how to manually reinstall or move back to previous synology server version.

EmbyLog.txt

You may have just needed to update the cover art plugin as well as other installed plugins. This normally will happen soon after the update. Did you wait for that or do that manually?

barat

I second this - I cannot go to dasboard (to uninstall plugins, manage server settings like enable/download server logs etc), and tv.emby.media is sluggish ... 

Only can get logs from /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/logs so pleas write which one may be helpful to solve this.

I have DS916+

I second this - I cannot go to dasboard (to uninstall plugins, manage server settings like enable/download server logs etc), and tv.emby.media is sluggish ... 

Only can get logs from /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/logs so pleas write which one may be helpful to solve this.

I have DS916+

The ones requested in how to report a problem. Thanks.

barat

There's an error i haven't seen before about not being able to open your user database file. Can you try rebooting your system and see if that resolves it? If not then it may have become corrupted, which means you'll have to rename the file and setup users again. 

barat

It may be, since I changed /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/var/data  -> /volumeUSB2/usbshare/Emby/data so that this data is served from USB 3.0 pendrive. I'll check this today. Should I just delete all the contents of  /volumeUSB2/usbshare/Emby/data or just rename one file inside it?

Well if you're willing to delete that whole folder then you might as well just do a fresh installation because that's pretty much what it's going to be at that point.

If you want to just try and resolve the specific problem then i would rename the users.db file to something else and then start up the server. I say rename just in case there might be a way to recover data from it and you want to explore that.

barat

OK - i just copied data from old pendrive to new one and everything seems to work OK now. I assume, that Kingston HyperX 16GB just had problems. Weird thing is that copied data works ...

Yea sounds like some kind of I/O problem. Thanks for the feedback.

jonescrusher

For the original problem of this thread, it turned out to be several corrupted Collection.xml files.  I know their was significant changes in the new load for collections and a couple changes in the file content.  Several of my over 250 collection.xml files had entries for video files that pointed to the collection.xml file itself, i.e., had a CollectionItem entry with "/var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/data/collections/collectionname/collection.xml"  Whether this corruption happened on earlier versions but was ignored when parsed or was created after the initial scan of the current version I don't know.  If anyone sees similar behavior you may want to do a quick search of your collection directory for entries with the collection directory path.

KRULL

I also have had an issue since this update, Emby is constantly crashing, DS916+.

I know it did it a few times immediately after the update, while not being used by us to watch or add anything etc...

I have rebooted the NAS once, made no difference.

Attached are two logs:

Log01g where Emby was only up for 7 mins, and crashed again, this time while being used to watch a TV show.

Log02 is a crash when not being used to play back anything. I started it again just to get the logs, and it crashed while I was reading this thread and making this post.

Log01.txt

Log02.txt

Edited by KRULL

I also have had an issue since this update, Emby is constantly crashing, DS916+.

I know it did it a few times immediately after the update, while not being used by us to watch or add anything etc...

I have rebooted the NAS once, made no difference.

Attached are two logs:

Log01g where Emby was only up for 7 mins, and crashed again, this time while being used to watch a TV show.

Log02 is a crash when not being used to play back anything. I started it again just to get the logs, and it crashed while I was reading this thread and making this post.

It might be due to having circular collections:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/58592-3400-hanging-during-library-scan/?p=574157

It is occurring due to having added a collection to itself, and the server gets stuck in a loop trying to resolve the items for the collection. There are other similar circular situations that might cause this, such as having two collections, A and B, and adding A to B and B to A.

KRULL

I am willing to try and see if editing the collections fixes it.

Emby is crashing non stop, it hangs forever when trying to access the metadata manager or Collections via web interface. 

Where is the Collections XML located so I can access it and edit it? Google is giving me no answers and it's not within the Collections locations.

eKERKgw.png

Try removing all of them and then run a library scan. Once that succeeds then try adding back a few at a time, scan and see if it crashes after the scan.

KRULL

How do I remove them?

Do you mean deleting the above, everything within var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/data/collections  ?

If so, I assume that will only delete the creation of the Collection, and not the actual content.

Edit: I have copied the contents of var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/data/collections  so I can see that I will be deleting.

Now to figure out how to delete the contents of a folder via terminal.

Edited by KRULL

Correct just temporarily move some of those boxset folders out for now.

KRULL

I moved all of /collections from var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/data/  so that folder no longer exists.

I can't get a library scan to complete, it crashes at about 73% every time.

KRULL

I recreated the folder "collections" in var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/data/  via terminal in case that caused an issue, so it's back, and empty, still crashing.

I can't open Movies, TVs etc.. with the browser interface to add any movies to create a new collection.

I can really only see the Home Emby screen, and the Dashboard.

Logs:

63661209654.txt

63661210049.txt

server.txt

Edited by KRULL

according to the first log it looks like the scan completed, no?

solabc16

Hello @@KRULL

To clarify, when you say 'crashing' are you finding that Emby Server is stopped in Package Center or just the UI has become unresponsive?

Best

- James

KRULL

Both, it can be stopped in Package Center with nothing being done, it can stop after the UI has been unresponsive.

I'm currently watching something, and about 10mins in, which is better than a day ago.

It hasn't stopped in quite a while now.

I can access the UI as normally would, but I can't add movies to a collection. As all collections got removed it has be a new one each attempt. It always results in the UI hanging and collection being created. It hasn't resulted in Emby stopping yet though.