Any way to control the amount of items in the rows ?

vaise

vaise

Id like to increase the number of latest items, next up etc.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Exactly how many items are desired in these rows?

Keeping in mind, more items loaded in the rows is more data the server has to push which means more time is spent watching the spinner. The more rows that are longer the more time is spent watching the spinner.

What about if the rows you wanted to see more of instead had the [show more...] button after them. Then clicking this button brings you into the poster grid of all the items. So while not more in the latest row, per se, it would give the ability to left click once get on the show more and get to the poster grid of everything in order sorted by date added in descending order. This would give the benefit of being able to see more without the downside of staring at the spinner loading more items in the rows.

Same can be done for Next Up and Continue Watching using the sort by and sort order that matches the row pull a poster grid of the same thing showing all when the user clicks on [show more...] in that row.

No one has really complained about the lack of entry points in the latest, nextup, etc rows. There is a small subset of each presented with no way to see all. I agree it is somewhat limited in that regard if you have alot of things in these rows appear at once it might not show the ones you are interested in.

If you feel we are not allowing you to fully browse your library as you want please let us know. There are ways we can give you what you want without compromising the experience. Give us your thoughts. Thanks. :)

Edited by speechles

• 6 months later...
x88dually

I dont want that, i've got 2027 tv shows an 2200+ movies in 50 Tb

In order to increase or decrease the amount of items in rows or in the grid. We would have to change the sizes of both the card frames and images dynamically depending on your choice. While this is possible it would mean smaller images in most cases to give you more. Perhaps this is acceptable? But it isn't something we need to rush and do quickly. There are several other feature requests and issues that would bring much more to the table than this will presently.

We lack buttons other apps have on the Roku. We lack ways to navigate other apps have. These missing things should be added before we start on themes and user customization such as this. We need to give you more ways to navigate and your missing buttons first. Then we can start to look at how to make these screens easily customized by users. Hope you understand.

There is value in what you want. But there is more value in getting these missing navigation methods and buttons in the app. I am not dismissing this. Just being real. This is already on our issue tracker that users want themes - custom amount of items per row, differing font size, color changes, etc.. We just aren't there yet. It won't be the next few updates either. Cannot give a timeline when because I honestly don't know when.

Edited by speechles

Id like to increase the number of latest items, next up etc.

Also.. recently(and very quietly it was never announced) we unlocked the [show more...] button while navigating these rows. You can now see all your latest items, next up, etc from one grid screen. Has anyone discovered this yet? While not giving you complete control over the rows and how many show it does let you see all and discover all. You cannot sort these views the app will not let you. They are presented in a pre-sorted view. If latest let you change sort it isn't latest. Same with next up. Etc.

You may need to be inside a library to get the [show more...] to populate on the row and you must have more than the row will show for the button to appear.

The main homescreen view for latest, next up, etc may lack the [show more...] because it sometimes depends on having a parent ID. It is possible to do today and we do have this right now. Try it out in the Beta Roku app. It might also be in the Store version too but I know for sure it is in the Beta. Have fun.

Edited by speechles