3.4.0.0 and Collections

RobWayBro
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

RobWayBro

Hello, 

I just updated to version 3.4.0.0 and at my Collections are not displaying.

It took a moment to realize that Collections now appear as a library, with a file path so I enabled the display for the users and the icon displays, but there is no content.

The Collections library is directed to the path C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\data\collections and there are collection folders under that, in each folder is and XML file and one or more jpg files.

Thanks..

Edited by RobWayBro

• Solution

Can you try running a library scan? thanks.

• Like 1

RobWayBro

Bingo, thank you sir.  I think y'all have great response time and interaction...

Happy2Play

Mine is blank also, a library scan is running so I will report back when it is done.

^Looks like we have our answer.

Edited by Happy2Play

CarlosLima

3.4.0.0 news?

I received a few minutes ago the alert to update the Emby Server in Windows and as always, I followed the reset procedures. As other friends quoted, on returning, Emby shows up empty, just with the custom main menu.

In my case, the login screen, started to display the image (avatar) of one of the users, and the current configuration does not display user avatar, so I think the system is lost with it.

I did the update and no error message was displayed, only the message confirming update successfully with request to reset the Emby, which I followed with always.

I would like to mention that if you reset Emby, we leave the screen, the process is stuck, without activity and only when returning to the screen, the process starts.

In my case, when I rebooted, as far as I could see, no problem occurred, ie all collections look perfect and I realized that Emby was doing it again completely, but I think I have configured it for that, I do not remember.

Faced with this, I was calm, because I have a number of users connected always and any sign of disconnection irritates several.

So, I leave my feedback that, yes, the Emby Server on Windows has been updated with no problem.

Taking advantage of the update theme for the new version, I would like to know:
1. Is the external caption issue not shown in STRM file already resolved in this release?
2. Is it possible to cite possible corrections and new features included in this new version?

Keep up the great work.

pir8radio

scan didnt work for me...  no collections.

Happy2Play

Don't really know which made mine show but  scanned, restarted, then scanned again.  The second re-scan my collections appeared.

Askbruzz
hello, after the update my nas no longer goes into hibernation. keep writing log server.txt

---------------------------

Another question is:

I can not transcode a 4k to full HD movie on my Synology DS918 +. According to stats for nerd converts about 12Fps ... What can I do?

On transcoding option i have enabled "intel Quick Sync"

Attached are the log files and the info file for movies

thanks

log server.txt

post-303813-0-86945200-1525345860_thumb.png

Edited by Askbruzz

pir8radio

Check user permissions on the collection library

The folder Emby chose was: C:\Users\MyUser\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\data\collections

so i would assume it has permissions here. 

what is strange, under library settings emby created an icon with my box sets, it just doesnt display anything under movies/collections.

5aeb022424b1f_Capture.png

Edited by pir8radio

RobWayBro

I believe the permissions being referred to are in Emby - Settings - Manage Server - Users, and then make sure each user has access to the Collection Library and not OS level permissions per user.

The folder Emby chose was: C:\Users\MyUser\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\data\collections

so i would assume it has permissions here. 

what is strange, under library settings emby created an icon with my box sets, it just doesnt display anything under movies/collections.

5aeb022424b1f_Capture.png

I mean user permissions inside Emby.

• Like 1

jonomite

Slightly OT here, but feels appropriate to ask - after I upgraded to 3.4 I had a new library for my collections in my side menu. Is this normal? I have not enabled the display setting in the library menu to display collections as a separate library.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

pir8radio

I mean user permissions inside Emby.

Ahh. That was it, I guess I assumed it would automatically be granted. Oops.

Emby Tower

How can I remove the collection library permanently without killing my collections in my movies library? I don't want to have the new library!

mrb002

it looks like 3.4.0.0 made Collections disabled for all my users.  I re-enabled for a user and they appeared again.

EliteCube

I update to 3.4.0.0 and now i have a bug / problem on Emby-Server General / Debian

I use Collections on Movies, after update i have a new library on Dashboard named "Collections", i go on Librarys settings and i remove it.
And all collections in movies are gone ??????

Now after a Library scann, the collection library is back :angry: , and i click remove agine.

How to disable collection library (Witout delete in Librarys selection)? I want it only in librarys (from Emby-Server v3.3)

@

Happy2Play

I update to 3.4.0.0 and now i have a bug / problem on Emby-Server General / Debian

I use Collections on Movies, after update i have a new library on Dashboard named "Collections", i go on Librarys settings and i remove it.

And all collections in movies are gone ??????

Now after a Library scann, the collection library is back :angry: , and i click remove agine.

How to disable collection library (Witout delete in Librarys selection)? I want it only in librarys (from Emby-Server v3.3)

@

Did you see post #18?  You currently have to wait for another release.

pünktchen

Should i be able to change the folder path for the Collection library? It doesn't work for me. After creating a new boxset a new Collection1 library is created with the default path. If we aren't allowed to change the folder path, then you should not give us the options to do this!

• Like 1

Should i be able to change the folder path for the Collection library? It doesn't work for me. After creating a new boxset a new Collection1 library is created with the default path. If we aren't allowed to change the folder path, then you should not give us the options to do this!

Good point. That should be hidden, thanks.

EliteCube

Realy nice and i buy yesterday Emby Premiere :angry: 
and now i need to delete collections