Help updating trakt.tv Watched status history?

GollyJer

GollyJer

Hi.  I went to see my watched history on Trakt.tv today and discovered nothing had been synced since November 2017.

After searching the forum I saw others having sync issues and after looking at my logs I saw a connection issue with the trakt plugin.

So... I unistalled the trakt plugin, rebooted, installed the trakt plug, rebooted, reestablished the permissions PIN on the trakt plugin.

Now live watching and watched status are being correctly updated.  Yeah!!

BUT, how can I update the status from Nov 2017 to today?

Is this info kept in the Emby database? If so is there a way to sync up the two with a one time hack?

Thanks!

Jeremy

Hi, have you tried running one of the trakt scheduled tasks? Syncing historical data is a manual process which you can do with the Trakt scheduled tasks.

GollyJer

Hi Luke. Thanks for the response.

Yes.  I did run a scheduled task but it didn't pick up any of the missed watch statuses.

If it's a movie make sure your movies in emby have moviedb id's. If it's an episode, make sure the series has a tvdb id, and that the episodes have season and episode numbers.

GollyJer

They are all TV episodes and the series all have id's.  But, we delete the episodes after watching them, so there's no way for me to use the Emby interface to check the watched status in Emby.

If deleting an episode removes it completely from the Emby database then maybe I'm out of luck?

My hope was watched status would stick around even after being deleted.  If it's not possible then no biggy.

Thanks.

Ah yes that's correct because they're not in your library anymore.