Director Photos

Anim_Tech

Anim_Tech

Hello Again,

Back with a fairly simple question (I hope).

We would like the director's photo to show up at the bottom of the media page along with the actors - etc.

However, there seems to be some built in intelligence that is working against us.

When a person is set to "Director"  - their photo does not show up along the bottom.

When a person is set to blank - scanning the library automatically makes then an "actor".

When a person is set to "Actor" (playing "Director") - scanning the library automatically sets them to "Director" and their image is hidden again.

The only solution we have is to change every person to "Actor" (playing "Director") - then never scan the library - but inevitably we need to scan again to update files.

Any way around this? An option to show the director? A way to disable the clean-up action? I've already removed the "refresh people" task from the scheduled tasks.

Thank you very much!

-Jonny

post-178338-0-08166900-1525291562_thumb.jpg

Hi, yes that's just the way we are currently doing it. We used to show them at the bottom mixed in with the actors, but community feedback led us to showing them up top as text. I think it would be redundant to have it in both places, no?

Anim_Tech

Certainly not suggesting the director show in both places.

At this point we're looking for a workaround since showing the director's photo is imperative for our use case. 

Any way to disable the clean-up action? Or outsmart the auto-renaming system? I'm tempted to change the spelling of Director to attempt to avoid the auto re-assign.

arrbee99

Don't know what app you're using, but you can click on the Directors name at the top to go to his/her picture/bio (unless you knew that already of course).

arrbee99

And just interfere a bit more, don't see any particular problem with a bit of duplication if required, its only one more face, seeing as there can be lots of other 'back room guys' showing up such as Set Costumer, Seamstress, Rigging Gaffer, etc.

Not very important to me though, just adding my two penneth to try to confuse the issue...

Anim_Tech

Thank you both for the responses. 

We're using Emby through a web-browser.

Did notice you can click on the director name, however we exploring this for usage in a public-facing kiosk and the general public will not notice that the small text is clickable. Having the director photo is ideal.

arrbee99

Thank you both for the responses. 

We're using Emby through a web-browser.

Did notice you can click on the director name, however we exploring this for usage in a public-facing kiosk and the general public will not notice that the small text is clickable. Having the director photo is ideal.

I guess for you then it would be nice to have separate Cast and Crew sections, with a specific Direct / Producer etc order...

Anim_Tech

Yeah this is true, and all good points. 

But just to be clear, not looking for an emby redesign or major feature update - just need something that will get the job done since we are SO SO close - if only we could defeat the auto-reassign algorithm. Just need to be able to make the director and "actor (playing director)" without it being automatically changed to a director.

arrbee99

Well, if you don't ask, you don't get, etc, etc. Might be worth a feature request.

Don't know about this reassigning thing though. Could you add an almost duplicate somehow, maybe same name with added middle name or initial or something.