Installing Fractal Design Celsius s24 into Emby machine

chef

chef

Here is me installing a Fractal Design Celsius s24 liquid cooler loop into my EMby Machine

Recently I bought a Fractal Desgin R6 case. Best Thing I ever did.

Now I'm going to install a Celsius s24 liquid cooler AIO into the case.

Nothing flashy (literally no LEDs) about the s24. It can be switched between PWM or 'Auto'.

5ae4a39063a83_1.jpg

5ae4a3a6aa9d9_2.jpg

The case is too long for a front install, so I mounted on top. I'm also pushing the air through the radiator.

5ae4a3bb2191d_3.jpg

Bye Bye Noctura Air Cooler! You were good, but I think this is going to be better!

5ae4a3d77c9e8_5.jpg

Looking Good here! But, the back plate for the mobo is cheap plastic! Heads up!

However, the cable management is great here! They have hidden the fan cable inside the sleeve of the liquid tube. Very nice idea! 

5ae4a3f176678_6.jpg

That's it! NowI'll test the temps under a big load! See if I can get 5 streams happening in emby and how cool it stays :)

I'll do some tests and return!

Edited by chef

Guest asrequested

Nice!  I'm noticing you don't have your system memory in the dual channel slots. You may want to check that

Edited by Doofus
  • Like 1

chef

Nice!  I'm noticing you don't have your system memory in the dual channel slots. You may want to check that

Okay! Yeah! I'm glad you brought that up!

I'm having a hell of a time with Memory!

If I fill all the slots the PC won't boot! If I fill any other DIMM slots besides the two slots I have full, the PC won't boot! It's driving me bonkers!

I spent a bunch of cash on memory sticks, but I can't get it working.

Any ideas @?

chef

I should mention too, that in the bios I can't seem to enable dual channel. DO you think its the CPU?

Guest asrequested

It doesn't look like you have matching memory sticks. What are the two you have in there? And have you checked if your mobo/BIOS support them?

chef

It doesn't look like you have matching memory sticks. What are the two you have in there? And have you checked if your mobo/BIOS support them?

I'll check. I have four other sticks that the mobo accepts, but it wouldn't boot still. 

I heading to do some testing now actually. Many thanks!

chef

Lol! It's not just going to be a server :) I'm going to custom loop the thing too. Lol! I always wanted to try it out