Cinema Mode issues

jachin99

jachin99

Ok so cinema mode in EMC works for me when the client, and server are on the same machine.  When I use EMC on a machine that is strictly a client, I hit play, and nothing happens.  With cinema mode disabled, my movie plays.  Here are some logs from when I tried earlier. 

MBClassic-2742018e21103ae0d25420b97076992666ebdea.log

MBClassic-2742018314189649ab8412ca6514426d9619bc3.log

This is the same problem reported elsewhere with a limitation on the size of the path in WMC.

jachin99

Sorry guys, no emby theater for me. I use it on the Xbox now and then but that's it. Is the problem a matter of how long the path is or how deep it is in the folder structure? I can toy around with it some

No, it is the stream url we are generating. It will require new development to both the server and the app. I never knew wmc had such a limit.

jachin99

No, it is the stream url we are generating. It will require new development to both the server and the app. I never knew wmc had such a limit.

What about an option to store things like this locally on the client? Maybe an option to define a local path for the videos. This is the same issue as movie trailers right?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

jachin99

I guess the easy thing to do would be to setup a server instance on each h machine I want to use these videos on in EMC? Do trailers require the same rewrite?

Edited by jachin99

jachin99

What building some logic into it where EMC plays a local trailer if a thetrical or Blu-ray trailer fails out? Does the URL problem only apply to online trailers? This problem still occurs with external players correct

jachin99

I just tried cinema mode with codec videos, an intro video, and a local trailer. It works but there is 30 second to one minute wait at times between the last video and the start of my movie. Is this a URL problem as well?

I just tried cinema mode with codec videos, an intro video, and a local trailer. It works but there is 30 second to one minute wait at times between the last video and the start of my movie. Is this a URL problem as well?

I doubt it but it is hard to know without seeing the log.

jachin99

Since these logs have been generated I have improved my codec setup.  I might have a file server issue I just noticed tonight but haven't been able to pinpoint.  Otherwise I don't have any problems I know about yet.  Typically I haven't had many issues with applications accessing my file shares.  My codec issue was related to movie files that have truehd tracks but I resolved that (This was brought up in another thread but I solved it with a codec reset).  I'm posting these logs because earlier my movie files were slow to play, and throughout the next week I'll work on my file server problems, and keep trying with emby.  Maybe my codec improvements alone were enough to get movies playing quicker. 

MBClassic-28420184d48b2dd4eca4cdf877dfc4f0c0a6231.log

MBClassic-28420188e749b0d94ae4ac8843abef93e0bd495.log

There are no errors just about a 30 second pause when accessing one of the movies (cars 3).  Age of ultron played within a few seconds.

This suggests either a drive sleeping or hardware problem to me...

jachin99

I believe I have straightened out the issues with my file server and I haven't noticed any delays playing files.