Display of Movie Extras

Victorious

Victorious

Hi,

I have ripped all the Blu-ray special features for the Hobbit films, and put each set in a folder named extras within the main folder alongside the film. However, when viewing the film's page in Emby, the extras all show as a grid of the film poster image, with the extras title beneath. Ideally I would like them to appear in a list, with the description alongside, like TV show extras do.

I've attached screenshots of the different layouts.

Is there any way I can achieve this? Thanks.

post-292874-0-10936200-1524827267_thumb.png

post-292874-0-60770000-1524827279_thumb.png

• Like 1

PenkethBoy

you mean like this within the movie item page

5ae31987df0f2_Capture.jpg

Check in your extras folder you only have the video files - if you have nfo's and images - delete those and rescan - depending on how soon after adding a movie you add extras - emby gets confused and thinks there movies - deleting the nfo and images and a rescan fixes this

• Like 1

Victorious

Thanks for your input :-)

There are no other files in the extras folder, just the video files.

Your layout is better as the images are all different at least, but there is still no description displayed which is really what I'd like. Are you using a non-default theme which shows the thumbnails? As I don't see how to make those appear for my library.

Victorious

When you say 'extract the images', does Emby actually take a frame from the video file to make the thumbnail? Does the user have any control over this?

And is it possible to get the extras to display as a list, with their descriptions alongside, as in the TV extras screenshot I posted above?

Thanks.

PenkethBoy

no its not a theme its standard emby stuff

for content like movies extras where there is no metadata provider - the screen grabber (see library options) if enabled will capture an image a few seconds into the video

there will be no description for extras as there is no place for it to go 

• Like 1

Correct, there isn't a whole lot of customization for these right now. It's just something that's never come up before regarding extras. You can use the normal metadata editor functions to edit images though. You can even edit the overviews but currently the apps won't display it.

• Like 1

Victorious

Thank you PenkethBoy. I had made the mistake of adding the film artwork to the files, when I removed it and refreshed, I got the thumbnails and it looks much better now.

Thanks for clarifying, Luke. I think it would make sense to show the overviews for film extras too, then there'd be a consistency between films and TV.

• 2 months later...