Mouse cursor reappears on media change, does not disappear

SenatorIvy

shpitz461

I've never experienced this issue up until 2.9.7 i think, iirc 2.9.6 didn't have any of the cursor issues.

I never shut my htpc off nor put it to sleep. This issue has been plaguing us several months now.

Wilky13

Sounds like something else is taking focus because if ET has focus it will hide the mouse.

The mouse pointer only stays forever if the mouse pointer never moves when ET is launched (i.e. When I am using my Elite remote for navigation through ET and Windows). As soon as you move the mouse pointer even just a little and stop, it fades as it should after 3-4 seconds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SenatorIvy

I find the easiest way to make it happen is to start a video, then move the cursor to the edge of the screen like you're trying to hide it manually. Then when the video cycles to the next video it will turn the cursor visible again. Almost like the window reinstantiates itself and the mouse detects a new window edge that it says "oh this is resizable. Better give them the drag handle cursor"

The mouse pointer only stays forever if the mouse pointer never moves when ET is launched (i.e. When I am using my Elite remote for navigation through ET and Windows). As soon as you move the mouse pointer even just a little and stop, it fades as it should after 3-4 seconds.

Thanks. this I can reproduce.

• Like 1

After testing, this is only a problem when not starting fullscreen. If you exit the app fullscreen, it will start fullscreen the next time.  

If you're starting the app windowed, isn't it safe to assume you'll move the mouse at some point?

Guest asrequested

If you're starting the app windowed, isn't it safe to assume you'll move the mouse at some point?

Not necessarily. I have the 'f' button mapped to the remote. So I can start playing, then press the button to toggle fullscrreen.

snapwing

In case it's useful, I always launch Emby full screen and have the same issue. Most of the time, the cursor will be present onscreen unless I pick up a mouse and move it. Then it will disappear. I know ET has focus since I can use the remote to navigate around just fine.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Wilky13

After testing, this is only a problem when not starting fullscreen. If you exit the app fullscreen, it will start fullscreen the next time.

I don’t use a mouse in my HTPC at all. Everything is done via a Harmony Elite remote.

I’m not sure why ET is opening in window mode. I will close it in fullscreen next time and see if it opens in full screen. May have something to do that I am jumping between WMC and ET.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shpitz461

Yeah, ET has focus since the remote controls it, but for some reason the cursor behaves as if it's not in focus and will stay on screen. Alt-tab button mapping on the remote usually fixes it but most of the time upon launch ET's cursor is stuck in the center of screen.

When stuck, the cursor is an arrow and not a pointy finger, when I alt-tab using the remote the cursor changes from arrow to pointy finger and then it goes away.

I also start my ET maximized.

infinitereality

Yeah, ET has focus since the remote controls it, but for some reason the cursor behaves as if it's not in focus and will stay on screen. Alt-tab button mapping on the remote usually fixes it but most of the time upon launch ET's cursor is stuck in the center of screen.

When stuck, the cursor is an arrow and not a pointy finger, when I alt-tab using the remote the cursor changes from arrow to pointy finger and then it goes away.

I also start my ET maximized.

Mine does the same thing.  it's always in full screen when it loads and cursor is in center of the screen.  This only happens when I first turn all devices on (HTPC stays running 24/7, no sleep).  If I'm in ET and have moved the cursor off the screen, go to watch TV and then back to ET the cursor stays off the screen.  I have it setup where when I change activities, it closes ET and when I go back into the HTPC it loads ET.

• 2 weeks later...
Wilky13

@@Luke. ET starts in full screen mode, loads via Harmony remote commands, not using a mouse. The mouse cursor is in the middle of the screen, it remains there permenantly unless I grab a mouse and move it slightly. Then it fades after 3-4 seconds.

shpitz461

Did anyone try to reinstall Windows and see if the issue goes away? I will try it at some point in the near future. My HTPC doesn't have any input devices connected to it, using strictly a Harmony One.

Did anyone try to reinstall Windows and see if the issue goes away? I will try it at some point in the near future. My HTPC doesn't have any input devices connected to it, using strictly a Harmony One.

This is on a clean Windows 7 Home Premium install I did last month. Don’t remember having the problem before the clean install...

I don't see that. I have a harmony remote for testing and the controls work without having to do that.

Maybe because I am coming out of WMC that is in full screen mode to ET (WMC gets minimized)?

infinitereality

Mine closes and opens ET full screen every time, but the cursor remains.  In my case, the cursor only goes to the center (and stays) when I first switch inputs via Harmony remote after it turns on everything.  After I move it out of the way (or make it hide the cursor), I never see it again until I turn everything off (HTPC does not go off and does not go to sleep).

Mine closes and opens ET full screen every time, but the cursor remains. In my case, the cursor only goes to the center (and stays) when I first switch inputs via Harmony remote after it turns on everything. After I move it out of the way (or make it hide the cursor), I never see it again until I turn everything off (HTPC does not go off and does not go to sleep).

Same. As soon as I move it at all it disappears as it is supposed to. I just wish it would disappear without ever having to be moved. Since I am doing all navigation via Harmony remote.

infinitereality

Same. As soon as I move it at all it disappears as it is supposed to. I just wish it would disappear without ever having to be moved. Since I am doing all navigation via Harmony remote.

Mine actually stays on screen after I move it.  The alt-tab thing will make it eventually disappear, but it's much easier/quicker to move it off screen.