Mouse cursor reappears on media change, does not disappear

SenatorIvy

SenatorIvy

On Emby Theater (latest) in Windows 10 (1803) the mouse cursor reappears when media change happens, and does not disappear after.

Ie:

Click on episode 1

Move cursor to lower corner of screen out of habit

Media bar and cursor eventually fade out

Finish episode 1

Mouse cursor reappears in lower corner and never disappears.

This gives me the angular resize cursor in the lower corner when I'm binge watching and it drives me bonkers.

• Like 1

Hi, this is probably happening because you've moved the mouse cursor slightly beyond the app border, and the operating system resize cursor is now showing. 

To avoid this, just keep the mouse anywhere inside the user interface.

SenatorIvy

That's definitely not the cause; my mouse is a touch pad on a media keyboard and it happens even with the keyboard turned off. :)

SenatorIvy

Same thing. The cursor always reappears on media change no matter where I leave it/what it's focused on,even with the keyboard off.

SenatorIvy

Yeah if I turn the keyboard back on and move the cursor it will disappear again in the usual time. I figure programmatically there must be something that changes the mouse state from hidden on media open but then the hidemouse probably never fires because it's linked to a variable like OnMouseStop or somethin like that that never fires cause technically the mouse cant stop moving if it never starts moving, haha. :)

When the  mouse is no longer over the user interface, the app stops interacting with it, and that's what's happening here.

SenatorIvy

It happens even when I leave the mouse in the center of the screen. Emby Theater is maximized and the system only has one monitor on it; there's nowhere for the mouse to go that isnt over the user interface.

If the video isnt considered part of the UI, it happens even when I leave the mouse in areas where UI objects do show.

Ok, I can't reproduce that. Something unexpected must be going on there, such as the Emby Theater window not having focus.

SenatorIvy

When I get home later tonight I'll see if I can test and see focus. I think I got an old util that'll tell me what hwnd has focus. Assuming Windows even uses that framework for window referencing anymore, I suppose. Been ages since I've done anything.

• 4 weeks later...
shpitz461

On the same topic, this only happens to me in LiveTV, when I watch a channel, the cursor is stuck in the middle of the screen. Doesn't happen with playing movies and tv episodes, only in LiveTV.

Using Theatre 3.0.0 on Windows 7.

Using a remote, no keyboard touched in the process.

EDIT: Even if I move the mouse and OSD is shown, then the OSD goes away the cursor stays on-screen. I have to drag the cursor all the way to the edge of the screen.

Edited by shpitz461

On the same topic, this only happens to me in LiveTV, when I watch a channel, the cursor is stuck in the middle of the screen. Doesn't happen with playing movies and tv episodes, only in LiveTV.

Using Theatre 3.0.0 on Windows 7.

Using a remote, no keyboard touched in the process.

EDIT: Even if I move the mouse and OSD is shown, then the OSD goes away the cursor stays on-screen. I have to drag the cursor all the way to the edge of the screen.

I haven't seen this. I would try installing the latest version from the website. Thanks.

shpitz461

Uninstalled Theatre and did a fresh install of Theatre 3.0.1.

The cursor also appears when playing a movie, but not all the time.

I leave my NUC running 24/7, I just close Theatre with alt+F4 (desktop is showing with nothing else running) and shut down TV and receiver (Onkyo).

When turning on, I just turn on TV and receiver, then launch Theatre.

This is happening sporadically, never seen this happen for me with Theatre version prior to v3.

I'm keeping an eye out for this but so far I haven't seen this occur. Thanks.

shpitz461

When I close Theatre, do I need to use something else other than alt+F4? Is there a shortcut key to Theatre Exit?

nsmal24

My skull canyon nucs (2) running win7 with newest Emby Theater are having cursor issues also. I operate them solely with remote control (BT control with Harmony Hub). Cursor only disappears after you bump the pointer. Only has to be done once every run. Sits on top of everything, dead center, until you do. It's probably been a month since it started.

shpitz461

Yeah, it's sporadic.

I will open ET and the cursor will be stuck on screen, I sometimes able to get it to hide if I press alt-tab (assigned remote button for it).

If that doesn't help, I will close ET with alt+F4 and then open ET again. This 2nd time re-launch usually gets the cursor to hide.

• Like 1

shpitz461

This happens more and more, after I turn on TV and receiver in order to watch (the NUC stays on 24/7).

I alt-tab using a button on the remote until the cursor goes away, sometimes a single press is sufficient, sometimes 2-3.

ET is the only app running so not sure why something is going on with the focus. It appears to me that the cursor is still showing since ET doesn't know/think it's in focus.

• 2 weeks later...
catch42

I started having this problem too.  Didn't make any changes to my system, so not sure why it started happening.  Have to use the alt-tab method to get it to go away.

shpitz461

Same here, it happens to me 90% of the time I open Theatre, even after a fresh reboot.

Nothing changed with my Win7.

I just alt-tab with the remote 2-3 times until the cursor goes away. This only works in the opening window when I launch Theatre, if I try that during playback it doesn't work and I have to either move the cursor or re-launch Theatre.

This happens regardless if Theatre is the only app running or not.

Edited by shpitz461