Live TV images

arrbee99

arrbee99

Recently it seems like very day the posters for live tv just disappear...

5ae2875577584_EmbyLiveTVposters.jpg

Normally these are posters not thumbs and normally there's a reasonable selection of art (from NPVR plugin), but, like I say, they just disappear. If I just refresh the screen (in Chrome) there's a few coloured posters and some completely blank, and if I refresh again they end up all being coloured posters and if I refresh again they turn into coloured thumbs. The guide info is still there, but clicking on an item and going to the detail screen and there's no poster again. If I refresh the guide its all back again...

5ae288ed1283e_EmbyLiveTVposters1.jpg

Am on latest beta on Windows 10. The number of days in the guide is set to Auto and always has been so it should be 7 days.

Most likely at the time the guide data was refreshed in emby, next pvr didn't have images yet.

arrbee99

Wouldn't have thought so, NPVR seems to keep its images in this folder, and in the first post you'll see say The Ellen DeGeneres Show appear after refreshing, but NPVR got that image almost a year ago...

5ae2a66cd9ed5_EmbyLiveTVposters2.jpg

arrbee99

Same after updating to latest beta and latest NPVR app...

Before...

5ae3c05be6a95_EmbyLiveTVposters3.jpg

After...

5ae3c07a7c5c8_EmbyLiveTVposters4.jpg

Doesn't look that much different, but that just shows the quality of NZ Saturday lunchtime television...

• Like 1

I'm not really sure to be honest. Maybe the next pvr plugin is just not aware of all the available images that next pvr has.

Sven

You should see the images from nextpvr....

It's with the base functionality of the image controller in the plugin...

Or maybe something changed on that level @@Luke? Didn't check the code (and also emby status :( ) the last couple months (due to some personal stuff).

arrbee99

Still seems to be the same here though. Refresh Emby web Home page and nothing but coloured blocks. Decided to tell NPVR app to update its schedule (even though its showing stuff anyway) and run through the Emby scheduled tasks and the posters reappear - well some of them, which is a significant increase from zero.

Am on latest NPVR app and .28 server beta.

arrbee99

You should see the images from nextpvr....

It's with the base functionality of the image controller in the plugin...

Or maybe something changed on that level @@Luke? Didn't check the code (and also emby status :( ) the last couple months (due to some personal stuff).

Am also hoping if possible you might be able to look into slow TV start times on the Fire TV using the NPVR plugin, compared to the Emby Built-in Hauppauge function - its this  https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/57485-atv-livetv-failure/page-11 around post 216.

Although I'm still on FTV version .79a as .82a hasn't appeared for me yet.

arrbee99

Same again on 3.4.0.1, this was all blank this morning till I refreshed the guide...

5aeb77476e35d_EmbyLiveTVposters5.jpg

My guess is that the guide data in next pvr is updating frequently and you're going to need a refresh schedule in emby to match that.

arrbee99

It is true that I changed the update time in the NPVR app as it was set to 3 in the morning or something and it wasn't happening as I like to turn stuff off properly overnight. So I changed it to 9.40pm instead.

Should that really affect Emby though ? Wouldn't it keep the existing info but miss out on the new stuff which would presumably be for a day a week ahead ?

Also, can't see where to change guide updating in Emby though. Doesn't seem to be under Dasboard > Live TV or Dashboard > DVR.......oh I see its under Scheduled Tasks - changed it to trigger daily 20 minutes after the NPVR guide update. Will see how it goes...

Well i'm guessing it might affect emby because i'm sure you've noticed lots of other users mention issues related to creating recordings, and it was due to a similar issue of guide data changing in next pvr and emby didn't have the updates yet.

arrbee99

I did notice stuff about creating recordings but unfortunately didn't keep a proper eye on them. Should have picked up on the solution sooner, sorry about that.

sub3

Should that really affect Emby though ? Wouldn't it keep the existing info but miss out on the new stuff which would presumably be for a day a week ahead ?

When NextPVR updates the EPG, it's effectively a full update - when it receives listings for a channel, it deletes all the existing listings for the channels, and saves the new listings. It does this because there could have been updates to the listings at any time (shows that'll be on tonight, or tomorrow) - ie, not just a day a week ahead. 

When this happens, the event_id will change all the listings. If Emby has cached this info, it'll become stale. ie, If Emby later asks NextPVR for artwork for event_id 123, or to record event_id 123, NextPVR will likely respond with "event_id 123 not found".

So... it's important to have Emby reload the listings after NextPVR does an EPG update. 

Edited by sub3

arrbee99

Thanks for info. I was getting there, slowly, eventually (honest)  :)

PrincessClevage

It is true that I changed the update time in the NPVR app as it was set to 3 in the morning or something and it wasn't happening as I like to turn stuff off properly overnight. So I changed it to 9.40pm instead.

Also, can't see where to change guide updating in Emby though. Doesn't seem to be under Dasboard > Live TV or Dashboard > DVR.......oh I see its under Scheduled Tasks - changed it to trigger daily 20 minutes after the NPVR guide update. Will see how it goes...

I was of similar think Arrbee that something is not refreshing in Emby as it at least should have images from the previous pull. I have a much more “populated experience now after modifying emby server guide update time to the below

bac3ade76e62ba73d9b6ace3a8c0a842.jpg

As my emby server can also often be in a low power state and nextpvr or emby May miss an update (I left nextpvr update untouched at 6pm)

Edited by PrincessClevage
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Recently it seems like very day the posters for live tv just disappear...

5ae2875577584_EmbyLiveTVposters.jpg

Normally these are posters not thumbs and normally there's a reasonable selection of art (from NPVR plugin), but, like I say, they just disappear. If I just refresh the screen (in Chrome) there's a few coloured posters and some completely blank, and if I refresh again they end up all being coloured posters and if I refresh again they turn into coloured thumbs. The guide info is still there, but clicking on an item and going to the detail screen and there's no poster again. If I refresh the guide its all back again...

5ae288ed1283e_EmbyLiveTVposters1.jpg

Am on latest beta on Windows 10. The number of days in the guide is set to Auto and always has been so it should be 7 days.