Emby not updating artist overview

Pitchshift

Pitchshift

I have recently removed my old music collection of MP3s and added a new music collection of FLACs. Emby matched around 80% of the artist with MusicBrainz correctly while I manually updated the MusicBrainz ID with the rest.

Emby has pulled down fan art metadata but not the artist 'Overview' information. Is this by design? If not then how do I get Emby to update the 200+ artist in my library?

Also, does the Metadata manager section work anymore? My artist artwork does not mirror up with what is shown in my library view.

Library view of artist +44 images

5ae18a28d24b7_Capture1.jpg

Metadata manager view of artist +44 images

5ae18a3b53b49_Capture2.jpg

Happy2Play

Have you done a Refresh All since you changed formats?

I see the same issue when going to edit images from Artist view and metadata manager Artist folder.

Pitchshift

Have you done a Refresh All since you changed formats?

I removed the old folder path and added a new folder path for my music so it should have pulled down all the info then. How do I perform a Refresh All?

Is it when you select the Music folder within Metadata manager and select Refresh?

Edited by Pitchshift

Happy2Play

@@Luke

I believe this is the same issue as existing Cast and Crew/People.  (can't seem to find the topic I mentioned this in.)

Emby sees the existing Artist folder/images and does not pull Overview information, and you have to do a Refresh All or Missing metadata.

Pitchshift

I have refreshed all music metadata twice selecting 'Search for missing metadata' then 'Replace all metadata' and still no artist overviews are been pulled from MusicBrainz.

Happy2Play

I have refreshed all music metadata twice selecting 'Search for missing metadata' then 'Replace all metadata' and still no artist overviews are been pulled from MusicBrainz.

Then you will need to discuss a specific example and proved a server log.  I have refreshed two artists on my test machine and overview was pulled.

@Luke 

Emby doesn't appear to be reading/showing the "MusicBrainz Artist Id:" tag (Link) at Album overview.  The id is blank in Album edit info, but is present in track edit info.

Pitchshift

So my two example artists are +44 and 2Pac. I have selected Refresh metadata > Replace all metadata on each artist.

Logs attached (debugging is enabled).

Log.txt

CharleyVarrick

@@Pitchshift

I kind of remember a lenghty thread of yours a while back. It was similar in topic, and if memory serves me, it was discovered there was an issue with artist's name that started with numbers, (+44 and 2Pac).

Pitchshift

@@jlr19

I did have a previous problem with Emby for Kodi plugin not syncing an artist correctly, that has since been fixed. This is on Emby itself and happens with all my artists.

Did you enable the audiodb metadata provider? musicbrainz often will not have any overviews.

Pitchshift

Non of my 200+ artists have an overview even if there is one on MusicBrainz. I backed up my settings and re-installed Emby on my server and the same thing happened when re-adding my music library.

I wouldn't worry about this thread anyway as I've switched to Plex; I've had better matches with less manual input on my music library. I used Emby for years and paired with Emby for Kodi it worked great but I always found it hard to manage my music metadata (check my previous threads). Not trying to snipe but thought it might be helpful to hear some feedback.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
CharleyVarrick

I tend to agree, Emby works really well for movies and tv shows, not so much for music videos, and not at all (for me) for music.

Last winter, I removed all music content from Emby and use MediaMonkey for playing/organizing music. My only issue is MM is not meant as a 10 foot interface.

I would try our music again. Best thing to do is file feature requests for what you are looking for. Thanks !