Enable Chapter Support?

nortok00

nortok00

Hello all,

Apologies if this has been asked. I did a search in the forum but couldn't find anything and couldn't find anything in online documentation. Point me in the right direction if there is info on this.

I'm running:

Windows 10

Emby Server Version 3.3.1.0

Access Emby and stream files from Chrome via localhost

All files are on the same laptop that I run Emby

I just recently started to rip my music DVDs to mp4. I use ffmpeg for all of my processing. I added chapters to these that show up and work in media players such as VLC (playback>chapters and I can advance properly in the progress bar and Next Chapter/Title button). The chapters were added as metadata so they aren't a separate chapter/subtitle stream or separate file.

Does Emby support this? Do I have to enable something? I thought I looked through all of the settings options including metadata but didn't see anything.

If this is supported will I see them as a visual someplace like VLC (playback>chapters) as well as player controls like VLC's Next Chapter/Title button?

If this isn't supported what do I have to do to get chapters to work? I thought I read chapter xml files weren't supported but that might have been awhile ago.

Let me know if any other info is needed.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Cheers.

Karen

Hi yes, chapters are supported. They should show up on the detail screen for videos if you have enabled chapter image extraction.