Watch List Notifications

computerprep

computerprep

This feature request would probably best live in a plugin.

The idea would be that users, both admin and otherwise, can be notified when media titles they're interested in become available.

For TV shows, it could tie in with favorited series. For movies, it gets tricky. Favorites might still be the best way to do it, but we would needed a way to favorite movies not yet in the library. On the plus side, once movies are added, they l they would retain their favorited status.

Notification settings for New Content Added could be paired with a checkbox whether to be notified about everything or favorites only. Or a separate notification entirely would allow for custom language for favorites.

Edited by computerprep

computerprep

Additionally, if this dream were to come true, admins could receive notifications when users favorite an unavailable movie or TV show. And/or be able to query a list of favorited+unavailable items.

computerprep

I've seen that. Not super helpful to me as it pulls from a public feed of recently available titles, and I'm talking specifically about "following" at show or movie.

computerprep

@@CBers, just posted something over here that may interest you. And anyone else using parallel services like Ombi. Which is a great find, by the way.