[Feature Request] Actor Information And MB3 Plug-ins

mbc0

Hi,

I have this working really well over 5 clients (1 of them 100 miles away at my Parent's House) from my WHS2011 Server and just have a couple of questions....

1, Does the actor information just "not work" or is it my configuration? If I click on an actor name when in the information screen of a movie I just get a response of "no information"

2, MBS has some great plug-ins like Movie/TV Theme Videos would that ever be possible to run in XBMB3C? 

Many Thanks for all your time & effort on a fantastic add-on that keeps all our viewing libraries seperate whilst keeping XBMC with Live TV :-D

• Like 1

im85288

Hi,

I have this working really well over 5 clients (1 of them 100 miles away at my Parent's House) from my WHS2011 Server and just have a couple of questions....

1, Does the actor information just "not work" or is it my configuration? If I click on an actor name when in the information screen of a movie I just get a response of "no information"

2, MBS has some great plug-ins like Movie/TV Theme Videos would that ever be possible to run in XBMB3C? 

Many Thanks for all your time & effort on a fantastic add-on that keeps all our viewing libraries seperate whilst keeping XBMC with Live TV :-D

Hi I'm not sure which skin your using in XBMC but I know for mine (Xperiece1080++) that it is an area I have not took the time to integrate yet. I would presume the same is true possibly of other skins. The reason for this in my skin is that the native library uses another plugin for getting the actor info and this doesn't need to be used when in Mediabrowser mode. 

As for Movie and TV Theme Videos as far as I can say they are not currently possible to do with the XBMC skinning framework, only images are possible as backgrounds. It would be a great feature though and looking through google the question has been asked one or twice in the xbmc world with no response. What might work is to post a request in the skinning section about having videos as backgrounds and hope a xbmc developer responds to the request. If you do, post a link here and I'll back you up with the request  ;)

• Like 1

Thanks for your quick response ;-)

I am also using 1080++ but I am sorry I am confused (not hard) by your answer? 

I have no XBMC Libraries at all as I wanted to use the MB3 user libraries to keep our viewing history seperate.  I understand that XBMC uses a plugin to get actor information & MB3 does it it's own way, are you saying that when I click an actor on a movie in XBMB3C it is trying to get information from the XBMC Library? 

im85288

No sorry for the confusion, When you access the info screen in the XBMB3C add-on it uses the skins Info screen. So when your using 1080++ it uses mine. I just tried it to confirm and it actually work's fine for me. You will need to have the actors script in xbmc installed though, if you have not you can get it here: https://github.com/Black09/script.metadata.actors

Aaargh I am soo thick! I have no idea how to install that! 

Thanks for the info, hopefully I will get it working by 2016 :-D

Ok, so found out a script is installed the same way as an add-on  :rolleyes:

I have installed, rebooted but still have the same problem... I have run the actors script and tested by typing in some actor names and it works fine, any ideas?

5330703310f2e_242.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
xnappo

Yep.. I think most of the skins are already using a non-native addon - but considering the massive amount of skin support we have gotten recently I don't think a custom solution is a big deal.

xnappo

elcabong

i see your running arctic, so i did some testing today.

when looking at a movie/tv series:

click on a director, works as expected

click on cast, gets the error you get.

onright on cast, goes to the actor info screen.  then on each screen after this, you can click on everything and it works.

im trying to figure out why that first click on the cast list isnt working.  ive also tried dis-ableing the click, but have been unable (and not the best way to do it).

tube82

i see your running arctic, so i did some testing today.

when looking at a movie/tv series:

click on a director, works as expected

click on cast, gets the error you get.

onright on cast, goes to the actor info screen.  then on each screen after this, you can click on everything and it works.

im trying to figure out why that first click on the cast list isnt working.  ive also tried dis-ableing the click, but have been unable (and not the best way to do it).

Onright works because that is the part the actor.metadata addon handles. This is independant from the XBMC DB. The click on cast queries the XBMC DB for items the actor performs in, which is obviously empty if no XBMC video DB exists.

...this is my guess, at least ;)

tube82

It works fine!

Images are shown and clicking actors gives the info.

I tested with a couple of movies, TV Shows and episodes.

[edit]

One tiny thing: When I scroll through the actors of a movie, leave the info screen on e.g. page 4 of the actors list and then open the cast of another movie, the list doesn't start at the top but at the position I left it in the other movie (in this case page 4). To see the primary actors I have to scroll up first.

Edited by tube82

xnappo

Tried it here and is looking good!  Nice work!

xnappo