Emby Server and Windows sleep mode

rsee

• 4 months later...
MadibaJ

I'm running the latest vanila emby server on W10,  my htpc won't sleep, every time it tries it wakes back up. running powercfg -requests it tells me it is embyserver.exe waking the PC.

Gilgamesh_48

I know this is not an answer but I believe that servers should never sleep. There is just too many things that a sleep/wake cycle can screw up in a computer that is acting as a server. I never let my servers sleep.

MadibaJ

Running an htpc so not really a server. Only needs to wake up for recording s and 1-2 hours of tv a night.

Gilgamesh_48

Running an htpc so not really a server. Only needs to wake up for recording s and 1-2 hours of tv a night.

That is another issue. To me servers, and PCs running Emby are servers even if you choose to say otherwise, should not have other regular tasks. Emby is designed to work with other programs but it is much better if it not required to.

Saying that a PC running Emby is not a server is like the old children's riddle:

Q: How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg?

A: Four. Calling the tail a leg does not make it one.

MadibaJ

Do you have any apps connecting to your server?

Hi Luke, I'm not particularly interested in getting into a discussion about what constitutes a server with the bloke above.

As I've mentioned running Emy server, embycon and Kodi all on one machine.

MadibaJ

Thats apps that relate to Emby. Mediaportal is the tv service I use.

The powercfg always tells me it's Emby waking the machine up.

I deleted Plex off the machine which I was also running.

Please attach the emby server log from when you expected the machine to sleep. thanks.

This is not really a valid example. You started up the server, and then one minute later you expected the system to sleep. It doesn't work this way.

the server checks for any active sessions within the last 15 minutes, which yes there have been because the server has only been running for one minute. This check happens every five minutes, so try starting up the server, then not using any apps to connect to Emby Server for at least 20-25 minutes. 

Additionally you have debug logging enabled. Did you read the help text when enabling that? That's pretty important.