Roku displays 'Loading' during playback

jstiamat

ginsengbomb

That makes sense re conversion not being the bottleneck.

I’ve encountered this with emby running tasks and with it doing nothing apparent aside from playing the video. I do have two download servers running simultaneously but with download bandwidth very throttled.

Does the emby Roku client produce lots of its own? I won’t be home until much later today to check.

Oh and I do have two plugins installed. Analytics and Trailers.

You mean the Statistics plug-in?

Can you please try uninstalling that?

ginsengbomb

Yes that's the one. I've uninstalled. Not home until later so will check to see if that improves playback then. Thanks! Really appreciate the attention on this.

ginsengbomb

You mean the Statistics plug-in?

Can you please try uninstalling that?

Back home now. Uninstalling Statistics actually seems to have worked. Watched 2 4K/HDR movies today, straight through without a single Loading/buffer. I'll pop back in if it recurs but in the meantime thank you! Is this a known issue or related to a known issue w/ that plug-in?

Back home now. Uninstalling Statistics actually seems to have worked. Watched 2 4K/HDR movies today, straight through without a single Loading/buffer. I'll pop back in if it recurs but in the meantime thank you! Is this a known issue or related to a known issue w/ that plug-in?

It isn't really a "known" issue but, when you provide an open framework like we have to allow any plug-in to insert code into the normal operational stream, then this could potentially happen.  Any plug-in could do so much work that it becomes too much for your server.

• Like 1