NOOB question about emby and IPTV services & PVR

bclark1000

bclark1000

I am new to emby so I apologize if this has been discussed.  I could not find a post that addresses my question.  

So far emby is great for organizing my media.  What would push me over the top to get a lifetime subscription would be the ability to integrate an IPTV service (such as Set TV) with emby along with the ability to record the live streams to watch later.  Is this possible?  And if so could you describe your setup.

Also, what IPTV service are you guys using and like?

This is for a lakehouse where my internet connection is ~10mps download and there is no faster package available.

Thank you in advance.

bclark1000

No it does not.  I am open to other IPTV services.  Can you recommend IPTV service providers that do have an m3u output feature?  I would like test a few to see which one works best with my internet connection.

Than you.

• 2 weeks later...
mhawley23

Hey Luke, I too am new to Emby. My iptv does have a M3U and Guide files, I've looked through the guide and haven't found anything about setting up to record. Do you think you could shed some light on this? It would make the difference of me buying a lifetime service through here verses plex. Thanks in advance!!!

jasonwilliams

Have you setup your M3U tuner? If so, you just need to configure recording in the server dashboard (DVR in the hamburger menu).

AgileHumor

USTVNow.com with https://github.com/ctilluma/ustvnow-m3u-server will give you what you want (if USTV channels have what you need (only Pennsylvania stations)).

You will need to install Python 2.7 installed, and run a powershell command to download the M3U and XMLTV in advance (as Emby will timeout before the URL based calls will complete). 

Edited by AgileHumor