Moved and having trouble getting Live TV working

tp546

So that would be the thing to investigate with server wmc, not the epg. There won't be any requests for epg data if there are no channels.

krustyreturns

Looking back at the serverwmc log posted, 805 channels were returned to emby.  I was also wrong about the log, there are three requests from emby for guide data, but then the log stops.  I wonder if it was truncated?  

tp546

Let me know what I can do to help troubleshoot this. Seems like it should be working but I'm sure there is one setting that's incorrect somewhere...

krustyreturns

Post your entire serverwmc log again ten minutes after doing a guide refresh. 

krustyreturns

Thanks.  Emby is requesting and getting all the log data.  See lines like this:

2018/04/25 00:05:44.914 Received client request: MediaBrowser^@BASEMENT@|192.168.1.168|GetEntries|14149208|1524625544|15252303442018/04/25 00:05:44.974 GetEntries> Channel: E! Entertainment Television/196, EPG entries: 1892018/04/25 00:05:44.974 Finished request GetEntries in 0.06s

So I really don't know why it is not displaying anything.  Do you see the tuner status in the dashboard?

Edited by krustyreturns

krustyreturns

The tuners look okay. I assume if you scroll that windows down you also see serverwmc as the external service.   I don't know what happens if you choose "schedules direct" for guide data if you are really getting guide data from serverwmc.  On my setup I have the guide providers field blank.

You can remove the schedules direct entry. It's not used with plugins. I would check and make sure you don't have any parental controls that might be restricting channel visibility.

tp546

Schedules direct seemed to be the issue. After removing that, it worked. Now I have a few new problems:

-Live TV doesn't load anything on Roku - there are sections like "recently watched", but none of them have any entries in them

-On the Emby app on my Android phone, the guide takes forever to load, even over wifi. I'm talking 5 minutes of waiting before anything loads. Why does this take so long and how can I minimize this?

-The Emby app doesn't see my Chromecast - I just bought it and it is the new version. Every other app sees it, not sure why Emby doesn't.

Happy to open a new thread for any of these, just let me know please.