Moved and having trouble getting Live TV working

tp546

tp546

I just moved to a new house and I am trying to get Live TV working. I have 2 Ceton InfiniTV 4's and am using ServerWMC, which sees them, and Schedules Direct. I don't have anything showing up under Tuner Devices and am unable to get anything detected when I try to add them under the "Other" setting. I do have Schedules Direct showing up for my Guide Provider and my tuners are showing up in the list too. Can someone help me fill in the blanks to get this working please? Thanks!

tp546

I already had it installed, so yes. Let me know what other info I can provide to help troubleshoot. Thanks Luke.

tp546

Yes, I believe so. Actually, that doesn't seem to be working. I tried to delete my Schedules Direct account and add it again and everything works successfully, but when I try to refresh the guide data, the progress meter shows up but then nothing happens. Any thoughts?

Remember that server wmc depends on windows media center so you need to get the guide data working there first.

tp546

WMC is working and I can watch TV through it and the guide is working - not sure why it won't work with Emby though. Any idea?

tp546

Try refreshing the guide.

In the Emby server settings? When I try that, the progress bar shows up but then nothing ever happens. I've tried restarting Emby server too, but I get the same result.

krustyreturns

It looks like your shared folder is not set up right at your new location:

2018/04/22 00:00:08.495 EchoStartupInfo Stored Network 'Recorded tv' path:
2018/04/22 00:00:08.495 EchoStartupInfo > Samba: smb://BASEMENT/Recorded TV
2018/04/22 00:00:08.495 EchoStartupInfo > UNC: \\BASEMENT\Recorded TV, ShareStatus: Error: UNC path does not point to the correct folder

tp546

I'm really confused where it would even get that path from because that wouldn't have been a valid path even at my old place. Let me know if you can help me get it fixed. Thanks!

krustyreturns

Hmm, that's weird.  On the debug tab in serverwmc look at your settings file, and look for the field NetworkRecFolder.  For example, here is mine.

<NetworkRecFolder>smb://MORBO/Users/Public/Recorded TV</NetworkRecFolder>

If that is not filled out correctly, go ahead and enter it directly and then save the settings file and then restart serverwmc.  The "smb:" header (underlined above) needs to be there.

tp546

Hmm, that's weird.  On the debug tab in serverwmc look at your settings file, and look for the field NetworkRecFolder.  For example, here is mine.

<NetworkRecFolder>smb://MORBO/Users/Public/Recorded TV</NetworkRecFolder>

If that is not filled out correctly, go ahead and enter it directly and then save the settings file and then restart serverwmc.  The "smb:" header (underlined above) needs to be there.

It actually has the right one there, but I just checked and noticed it only had read permissions on it. I added Full Control and Change to the list and restarted my computer, but I'm still having the same issue where the guide data won't load in Emby. Here is the new log from ServerWMC:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j9td5w8y7hvg9g5/ServerWMC.log?dl=0

krustyreturns

The log shows emby connecting but it doesn't show emby requesting any guide data.  Post the log again after doing a guide refresh.

tp546

That is the log from after requesting a guide refresh - not sure why it isn't reflected in the log because I definitely pushed the button on Emby server and it tried to load but never made any progress.

tp546

That is the log from after requesting a guide refresh - not sure why it isn't reflected in the log because I definitely pushed the button on Emby server and it tried to load but never made any progress.

krustyreturns

Well emby is not sending the guide requests to serverwmc.  Are you sure you have emby's baked in live-tv thing disabled?

krustyreturns

Emby has the capability to control your tuners directly (although I'm not sure about ceton tuners).  If that's the case, you should make sure this is disabled so that emby is only using the serverwmc plugin for live tv.

If that's not the problem, then we need help from the emby guys as to why its is not asking the plugin for guide data.

tp546

I think I have that disabled because I don't have any tuner devices listed - is that how I would know? I do have tuners and the guide provider, but no tuner devices. My understanding is that is how I should have it but let me know if that's incorrect. I really just want to get this figured out because right now I have 4 TVs in my new place that are mostly useless until I get this working.

tp546

No, when I try to download the guide, the progress bar appears but never loads anything. I don't see channels listed anywhere.