error when trying to open movies folder

kpcman
Go to solution Solved by xnappo,

kpcman

Getting the same error on xbmcubuntu and openelec versions.  I can play movies that are listed in the recently added movies section but when i try just movies i get a loading content screen then a downloading jason data then it says error with my server ip and port.   Running on a dell laptop.  mb server ver. 3.0.5192.19560.  I have no problems running in win7 with mbc.  Just not familiar with xbmc.  i have a log file here:  http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=155471  but not sure were the issue is.

Thanks for any help.

xnappo

You need to use UNC paths for your library. Use \\server\path instead of c:\path.

Alternatively turn on 'Play from stream' in the XBMB3C settings.

xnappo

kpcman

I have the library shared with unc  \\mine\movie#m$ and \\mine\movienz$  .  I turned on the play from stream and still get the error.  I will remove the hidden share, that may be the issue.

update:  wmc and mbc i did not need the path substitution.  However in openelec xbmc i did.  setup it up and xbmb3c found the movies right away.  Thanks for the help.

Edited by kpcman

kpcman

well that was short lived.  after doing the new paths the server did a library scan and now i can't connect again.  recent movies still works however.  I can get one drive to work but the other (setup the same way on the server) will not read now.

Edited by kpcman

xnappo

well that was short lived.  after doing the new paths the server did a library scan and now i can't connect again.  recent movies still works however.  I can get one drive to work but the other (setup the same way on the server) will not read now.

Okay, post another log and I will look again.

Could be a permissions issue?  Did you enter a SMB username/password?

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

kpcman

after making the changes to try and get the xbmc version to work, my windows client  would not play any movies.  I removed the path substitutions and my windows client started working again. of course my xbmc version stopped.  I had the network media folder shared with a hidden share.  I removed them and then re-shared un-hidden.  that worked until i rebooted the xmbc machine.  Now i am back to the same error.  I do have the smb un and pw entered in the program.

here is the log file: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=156466

thanks.

Edited by kpcman

nightshadow36

Hello.

When I use media browser 3 theater evrything works perfect. I have a few questions if thats ok..

1 : I am trying the media browser plugin for XBMC (XBMB3C) I added my user name and password that I have on media brower server.

I can see the Movies but I am unable to play them does something have to be done in the server so I can Play the movies?

If I share the folder where my movies are stored (share to everyone) it works but this is just bypassing the username and password on the media browser server also this way I can only share to 25 users limited by windows.

2 : with media browser what is the maximum users I can add?

Recap how can I play the movies question 1:

Thank you

My setup windows 7 on C drive

Internal harddrive D this is where I have my movies stored on

Edited by nightshadow36

xnappo

after making the changes to try and get the xbmc version to work, my windows client  would not play any movies.  I removed the path substitutions and my windows client started working again. of course my xbmc version stopped.  I had the network media folder shared with a hidden share.  I removed them and then re-shared un-hidden.  that worked until i rebooted the xmbc machine.  Now i am back to the same error.  I do have the smb un and pw entered in the program.

here is the log file: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=156466

thanks.

I think you have the XBMC debug on, but the XBMB3C debug off.

Please reverse that and re-post.  Disable XBMC logging and enable XBMB3C logging.

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

xnappo

1 : I am trying the media browser plugin for XBMC (XBMB3C) I added my user name and password that I have on media brower server.

I can see the Movies but I am unable to play them does something have to be done in the server so I can Play the movies?

Wow - we really need to add an error message when we encounter a non-UNC path!

Change your MB3 paths to UNC or in the XBMB3C options, select 'Play from Stream'.

If neither of these works, turn on XBMB3C debug logging and post a log.

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

kpcman

thanks for the help!  here is the new log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=157606  

My server has multiple hd's.  xbmm3c will work if i have the \\mine\movie#m (on one drive)  once i add \\mine\movienz (which is on another drive) it no longer works.  the permissions are the same on both shares.  Like I said earlier I can't use the path substitution because it will break my wmc version. (movies will not play and those that do can not be advanced.  the progress bar is not even visible)

xnappo

Looks like that log file cut off before you selected play.

Try this... Unfortunately in 0.8.5 the log files can get really huge.  In the Git version you can select the logging level.

Can you put it on dropbox or something?

xnappo

• 3 weeks later...