Problem with nativ paths in Emby for Kodi

Simaryp

• 2 weeks later...
Simaryp

So apparently I did something really wrong. I changed a running system. Because I was told it should work without adding the samba share within LibreELEC I tried to get it done from the beginning and resetted the plugin and removed the share from libreelec and deleted all the sources mediasources and password xmls from .kodi/userdata.

I tried to just login with my client account on my libreelec machine and it's not working with the native paths. Sadly also adding my samba share via libreelec does not seem to help.

Can you maybe tell me step by step from a clean starting point how I can get native paths to work?

EDIT: While trying to get it working I think I reached the previous state again. So I could remove the samba share from libreelec and could remove the mediasources.xml. I created a passwords.xml that was this time not created along the mediasources.xml.

It has the following content:

<passwords>

<path>

<from pathversion="1">smb://NASIP/Sharedfolder/</from>

<to pathversion="1">smb://username:password(special characters are replaced by codes)@NASIP/</to>

</path>

</passwords>

Is this the standard under libreelec to get native paths working? I think the add network information setting in the addon does also create such a password.xml but apparently that one is not working.

Edit2:

So I made an Backup from my passwords.xml and entered crendentials via the addon. Apparently it added a new entry there. It would be really helpfull to know whether this option does anything more than entering an entry there. The entry from the Addon looks like this:

<passwords>

<path>

<from pathversion="1">smb://NASIP/</from>

<to pathversion="1">smb://username:password(exactly like entered)@NASIP/</to>

</path>

</passwords>

So the difference is that firstly the entry created by the Emby addon does not have the shared folder in the first line and second that the credentials are there without any change to special characters. Hopefully somebody can enlight me how it is supposed to work and whether my password.xml is already the designed solution for this addon.

Edited by Simaryp

Angelblue05

Why do you need native playback again? Why not use add-on playback and be done with it?

The fields you enter with network creds are what are added to the passwords.xml. You can accomplish the same by navigating to your content via install from zip > smb..and Kodi should prompt you for a user/pass when needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simaryp

I just don't want any reencode of the stream. So when the setting does nothing more than creade or edit the password.xml than I am already done with my working one. That was all I needed to know at this point. But maybe as a Feedback. It seems this feature is broken, as one has to enter not only the server but the shared folder and the passwords are not handled correct in case there are some special characters included. But it is a really nice tool thanks for that.

Angelblue05

Add-on playback can direct play over http. No reencode. Just the file delivered to Kodi via your server, bypassing path issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simaryp

Hmm, native paths just sounded like the right option for devices sitting next to each other. Since it's working now I guess there is no benefit in switching to http playback.