Live TV Guide Groups

TenaciousJ

TenaciousJ

It would be a great added feature for IPTV M3U subscribers to be able to filter channels in the live tv guide (and channels menu) based on the 'group-title' tag in the M3U file. 

Favorites first is a great feature, but it falls short when your favorites list includes most of the channels from a particular region (or multiple regions) consisting of 100s of channels which are all favorited in order to get them to the top of the list above the sports listings, or foreign language channels.  

Most IPTV services use the 'group-title' tag for sorting their channels in STB Emu, Kodi, or Perfect Player apps, and so they bother less with ordering them sensibly in the m3u file itself since they can be filtered by group.  Without the group filter, you often end up having to search through many pages of channels to get to the group you want which is time consuming.  The only other alternative is to manually edit the m3u file, removing the groups you don't want, but that also means that the list won't automatically update for new content or changes, and the manual editing must be done again.  This is particularly annoying with IPTV providers that include their entire VOD catalog in the same m3u, because there's no way to filter that out without using the group-title tag.

Ideally, I'd love to see a dropdown menu in the filter section with a checkbox list of all the groups that can be selected or deselected, then saved permanently.  

Thanks for all the work you've put into emby so far.. it's a great server that I'm really enjoying using and its the one thing I've found that's compatible across all my various devices and platforms with very few headaches.  The DVR works great!