"Enable next video info" not always working - Xbox One

Paul77nz

Paul77nz

On my Xbox One I have the options "Play next episode automatically" and "Enable next video info during playback" both enabled.

When I am watching a series it always auto-plays the next episode, but doesn't always display the info for the next episode during the last 30 seconds.

I believe it is showing info at the end of the first episode I watch, but not on subsequent episodes during the same viewing session. Although I haven't tested it enough to confirm this is the pattern.

Edited by Paul77nz

Hi, can you please discuss an example. I did some testing and let several episodes run and saw the info each time. Thanks.

Paul77nz

Hi, can you please discuss an example. I did some testing and let several episodes run and saw the info each time. Thanks.

Hi Luke,

A couple of nights ago I had 3 unwatched episodes of The Walking Dead. After watching the first episode it displayed info for the second, but after watching the second it did not display info for the third.

Last night I watched 2 episodes of Final Space (the last 2 unwatched episodes I had). It displayed info after the first episode, and (as expected) did not display info after the second (last episode).

I then watched 3 episodes of The Exorcist (I had 7 unwatched). It displayed info after the first episode but not after the second or third.

I signed out and fully quit the app after watching The Walking Dead, but I watched Final Space and The Exorcist in one session without signing out or closing the app between shows.

I did not go back to the menu in between episodes of the same show, but did go back to the menu in between watching Final Space and The Exorcist.

All files were 1080p H264 MKVs. The Walking Dead was DD 5.1, Final Space and The Exorcist were DD+ 5.1. The Walking Dead had 2 subtitle streams available, but none selected. Final Space and The Exorcist had 1 subtitle stream available, but not selected.

Emby Theater is installed on an Xbox One S, and Emby Server is installed on Windows 10 Pro.

Thanks for your help, and please let me know any other info you require.

Edited by Paul77nz

I tested  this again during my own viewing session and saw the info each time, but i will continue to test this. thanks.

Paul77nz

I tested  this again during my own viewing session and saw the info each time, but i will continue to test this. thanks.

Weird. I have an Xbox One X in another room so I'll do some testing on that and see if it does the same thing as my Xbox One S.

Thanks

Edited by Paul77nz