TV series are playing in random order

lloydcodrington

lloydcodrington

Hi Emby Team,

I am not sure when it really started happening, but guess it was since the 3.3.x.x.x update.

When I select a TV series and decide to play from the beginning, a complete or partial season or a few episode of a current season through to the end it ends up playing in a random order.

When I check the Kodi playlist it displays the remaining shows in a random order.  When I play direct from the Kodi menu system it plays in the correct order. 

So let's say that I've not watched the last three more more episodes of a particular series I would normally go to the next episode to be viewed and press play.  With 'Auto play next episode' activated it use to continue in proper order but now it randomises the order playing each, once.  So it's just the order of play that is wrong.

Has this issue been raised before and are there any ideas on how to overcome this issue?

Lloyd

lloydcodrington

So one example is the show, 2 Broke Girls.  Season six I have the following in my folder:

Directory: D:\TV Series\2 Broke Girls\Season 6
2 Broke Girls - s6e1 to e2 - And The Two Openings (1), And The Two Openings(2).mkv
2 Broke Girls - s6e3 - And the 80's Movie.mkv
2 Broke Girls - s6e4 - And the Godmama Drama.avi
2 Broke Girls - s6e5 - And The College Experience.mkv
2 Broke Girls - s6e6 - And the Rom-Commie.mkv
2 Broke Girls - s6e7 - And The Sophie Doll.mkv
2 Broke Girls - s6e8 - And The Duck Stamp.mkv
2 Broke Girls - s6e9 - And The About Facetime.mkv
2 Broke Girls - s6e10 - And the Himmicane.mkv
2 Broke Girls - s6e11 - And the Planes, Fingers And Automobiles.mkv
2 Broke Girls - s6e12 - And the Riverboat Runs Through It.mkv
2 Broke Girls - s6e13 - And the Stalking Dead.mkv
2 Broke Girls - s6e14 - And the Emergency Contractor.mkv
2 Broke Girls - s6e15 - And the Turtle Sense.mkv
2 Broke Girls - s6e16 - And the Tease Time.mkv
2 Broke Girls - s6e17 - And the Jessica Shmessica.mkv
2 Broke Girls - s6e18 - And the Dad Day Afternoon.mkv
2 Broke Girls - s6e19 - And The Baby and Other Things.mkv
2 Broke Girls - s6e20 - And the Alley-Oops.mkv
2 Broke Girls - s6e21 - And The Rock Me On The Dais.mkv
2 Broke Girls - s6e22 - And 2 Broke Girls  The Movie.mkv

So I select:
TV Series - Shows - 2 Broke Girls - Season 6 and then select Play.  I have selected that my output is sent to Kodi as I have always done.  So usually this would load the whole season in order, however the following screenshot is just the first few and you can see that it is not in order.  The second episode is actually part of the first so the next to play should be episode 3, however this is actually last in the playlist within Kodi.

I had never had this problem before.

5ad64d533733e_20180417.png

The second half :

5ad64e2c66a83_201804171.png

If I view the season in Kodi it displays in the correct order: (first half shown)

5ad64ef3b1fcd_201804172.png

Thanks.

lloydcodrington

No it does not. That seems to play correctly.  If I use either the web app or Android mobile app it works fine, but if the output is streamed to Kodi it plays in random order.

Edited by lloydcodrington

Angelblue05

Thanks for making me aware of the situation. I'll let you know once it has been fixed. Thank you.

lloydcodrington

Hi Angelblue05,

I have just noticed that when I either select to play a whole season or to play part way through a season streamed to Kodi that the playlist is created in the following order:

First the initial item is played, either the first of a season or the one part way through I've selected to start from.  But then the next item played is the last one that should be played and then from there in reverse.  Thus if I had a season of 12 items it would start at 1, then play 12, 11, 10.....up to 2.  I've tested this on four different TV series and started two from the beginning of the season and two from part way through.  All four times the same thing happened.

Thought this might be useful.

Thanks.

Angelblue05

Yes, that is what I'm seeing as well.

Edit: I found the issue. I'll post a build soon. I have a few more things to look into.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...