Can i get epg for longer than 7 days?

riverboat2001

riverboat2001

In WMC I had a 21 day epg via schedules direct.

Now I have Nextpvr on my htpc (to make use of my tuners - not homerun)

Emby taps into it for the epg, but they both only give me 7 days. 

Is there any way to get at least 14 days?

riverboat2001

i think there is a setting in nextpvr for this

It seems that after you've got all your programs configured in nextpvr there seems no way to go back in and edit you schedules direct info. I set it up a fortnight ago and don't remember the dropdown going further than seven days.

Could someone else using it have a look for it please. Win10 UK

Otherwise it's yet another forum to keep track of.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

PenkethBoy

i would ask on the NextPVR forums - a quick look suggests it might be limited to 7 days

Hi riverboat, you need to edit the nextpvr config file which is in the c:\users\public\npvr and search for this <SchedulesDirectDays>7</SchedulesDirectDays> and edit it too  <SchedulesDirectDays>14</SchedulesDirectDays> (make sure you have stopped npvr service too do the edit and restart service after, then update epg in nextpvr and once done  refresh emby's guide), and presto you have 14 days of guide data

kev.

Edited by kalg
  • Like 1

By default, manually clicking the 'Update EPG' button will pull in 8 days of listings from Schedules Direct. The automatic overnight update will pull in 15 days. The first EPG update that users do is usually a manual one, so I wanted to keep it relatively quick, which is why the manual is only grabbing 8 days of listings. Very few users go looking beyond a week. After that, they usually get their listings from the automatic overnight update.

As mentioned above, the number of days can be tweaked in the config.xml
  • Like 2

riverboat2001

You are correct, the updates have been manual. I have a problem with live TV within Emby where I had missed a program but wanted to find the next episode the following week. I used the search button but it offered to record the episode that had finished airing about 10 mins prior.

Refreshing the emby guide didn't change it, so I manually refreshed the nextpvr guide, then the Emby guide.

This resulted in no longer being offered the episode that had finished, but I couldn't find the next one because I only had 6 1/2 days epg

I'm away from home for a couple of days so I'll dig a bit deeper on my return.

Btw emby is set to refresh it's guide 30 mins after the nextpvr update.

riverboat2001

So on my return home, I've found that nextpvr has indeed run the epg update in the middle of the night. It DOES have a 14 day epg.

Emby has run the refresh epg task approximately one hour later as scheduled, but still only shows 1 week of epg. I travel a lot and the longest epg possible is important. I'm sure I had 21 days in WMC.

So it proves the information is available.

There is a setting in the Emby server dashboard as well so it might only be importing 7 days.

So on my return home, I've found that nextpvr has indeed run the epg update in the middle of the night. It DOES have a 14 day epg.

Emby has run the refresh epg task approximately one hour later as scheduled, but still only shows 1 week of epg. I travel a lot and the longest epg possible is important. I'm sure I had 21 days in WMC.

Great. As mentioned earlier, from the NextPVR side of things you can bump up the number of days using that config.xml setting. You should be able to get 21 days from Schedules Direct.

riverboat2001

There is a setting in the Emby server dashboard as well so it might only be importing 7 days.

Hi.

Can I just confirm that I'm doing things right.

I have edited the config file for Nextpvr and am now getting 12 days of epg (although I changed it to 14) and have run the update epg task.

Then switch over to Emby and run the Refresh Guide  (under scheduled tasks) 

When this is finished the epg on the screen still only shows 7 days. So I've searched for a weekly program in case the info is there but not being shown. 

It still only offers that weeks episode not the following week too.

Finally can I confirm that once I have input my Schedules Direct details into Nextpvr I don't need to put them into Emby?

So Emby draws the information from Nextpvr. Or should I also setup my schedules direct info into Emby too (under guide data)

riverboat2001

There is also a setting in emby under the DVR section.

That's it!

Because it was set to auto instead of seeing number I must have just scanned over it.

Is there any way to increase it past the current maximum of 14 days?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk