LiveTV, Guide works, Recording silently fails (fritzbox 6490 dvr)

SchnohneX

SchnohneX

Good morning everybody,

I have a very odd problem with my Emby installation. LiveTV works, DVR does not, Yes, I DO have Lifetime Premiere membership!

Setup: AVM Fritzbox 6490 from Vodafone Germany with DVB-C officially enabled.

Emby is running as an application (not service) in an account with admin rights on a Windows 10 (November 2017 Version) Pro machine.

M3U Playlists created and verified - work perfect with VLC.

I have all the channels in the guide. I have subscribed to guide data. Live TV works as it should.  (Playback in Emby is sometimes pixelated as if sometimes dropouts happen, but that is secondary right now.) Scheduling (!) recordings also works well.

But Emby never records anything. Looking into the gigantic log files it seems to be something regarding a Windows system (!) message that only http or https connections would be allowed. No files for the recordings seem to get opened or written, the directory stays empty.

I tried different directories and directory formats. I tried directories in and outside of libraries.

I searched the forums for the exact error message but got no hits.

I read ALL messages that refer to the Fritzbox (not many) and got no clue.

I saw some remarks regarding FFMPEG builds that do not support protocols and checked - no I am only running the build installed by the Emby installer itself.

I checked rights, the user space Emby runs in does have read/write access to the location I want to store DVR files into.

I don't get it. This either is something really obvious or really obscure.

Emby does not post any error messages at all. It simply does not record anything and, as mentioned, I get only weird errors in the log.

Everything else works fine.

Any ideas for troubleshooting?

Thanks and Grüße aus Deutschland, Boris

SchnohneX

Back again. Complete log included but this is the relevant passage I can't understand:

2018-04-20 09:28:00.974 Error App: Error recording to D:\emby-dvr\Schulfernsehen\Schulfernsehen 2018-04-20 - China - Volk und Staat.ts
 *** Error Report ***
 Version: 3.3.1.0
 Command line: C:\Users\boris\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll
 Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
 64-Bit OS: True
 64-Bit Process: True
 User Interactive: True
 Processor count: 4
 Program data path: C:\Users\boris\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
 Application directory: C:\Users\boris\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
 System.ArgumentException: Only 'http' and 'https' schemes are allowed.
 Parameter name: requestUri
    at System.Net.Http.HttpRequestMessage.InitializeValues(HttpMethod method, Uri requestUri)
    at System.Net.Http.HttpRequestMessage..ctor(HttpMethod method, String requestUri)
    at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.GetRequest(HttpRequestOptions options, String method)
    at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.<SendAsyncInternal>d__20.MoveNext()
 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.<SendAsync>d__17.MoveNext()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.EmbyTV.DirectRecorder.<RecordFromMediaSource>d__7.MoveNext()
    at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.EmbyTV.EmbyTV.<RecordStream>d__94.MoveNext()
 System.ArgumentException
    at System.Net.Http.HttpRequestMessage.InitializeValues(HttpMethod method, Uri requestUri)
    at System.Net.Http.HttpRequestMessage..ctor(HttpMethod method, String requestUri)
    at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.GetRequest(HttpRequestOptions options, String method)
    at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.<SendAsyncInternal>d__20.MoveNext()
    at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.<SendAsync>d__17.MoveNext()
    at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.EmbyTV.DirectRecorder.<RecordFromMediaSource>d__7.MoveNext()
    at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.EmbyTV.EmbyTV.<RecordStream>d__94.MoveNext()

LOG.TXT

SchnohneX

Here is the .m3u as delivered by the tuner inside the fritz.box (the tvhd.txt file) and the version I edited (tvsd.txt) - Edit done to delete some channels and merge SD and HD and fritz.box delivers two seperate m3us for SH and HD...

Thank you for looking into this!

Boris

tvsd.txt

tvhd.txt

SchnohneX

Will do - should I open it up for Beta releases to help you testing or stay on stable builds?

Thank you for your kind answer!

Grüße aus Deutschland, Boris

• 2 weeks later...
SchnohneX

I am extremely happy to announce that the latest server release fixed the recording problem. Will write a Wiki entry for the Fritz.Box setup Tuesday.

Thank you, Emby Team, Thank you Luke!

• 1 year later...

How did you manage to get a proper EPG?

Hi there, are you having an issue, and if so can you please describe it? We are happy to help. Thanks !

bezibaerchen

Hey Like, thanks for stepping in. I just piggybacked on that thread as the OP managed to achieve what I'm looking for:

Connecting his 6490 to Emby incl. EPG.

I managed to get the channels and live video but am looking for his input to get hold of the EPG.

As I struggled to find the suggested WiKi post I asked in here.