Update to 3.0.5192.19560 hangs

Starlionblue

Starlionblue

The Dashboard is telling me to restart in order to update to 3.0.5192.19560. I click restart. The server shuts down but never comes back up. No sign of it in task manager.

I can (re)start MB Server manually but when I do that it is still on 21314. And then of course dashboard tells me to restart in order to update. ;)

I have tried reinstalling by downloading the new installer but when I try that even with MB Server shut down it gets an I/O error, "file locked by other user".

Log attached. Any help much appreciated.

server-63531246879.log

Edited by Starlionblue

Is there an update log?

Sounds like something is locked on the machine preventing us from updating.

Starlionblue

Hi ebr and thanks for answer. Was not aware there was an update log.

I found the update log and saw the following.

Mediabrowser.Updater.exe Information: 0 : Creating backup by moving C:\Users\Stuffer\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System to C:\Users\Stuffer\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System.old
Mediabrowser.Updater.exe Error: 0 : Error creating backup. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
Mediabrowser.Updater.exe Error: 0 : Final extract failure.  Installation aborting.

No mention of what that process might be. Anyway I renamed the system folder to system.old and retried the installation from the downloaded installer. It worked. Yay.

Still can't see my TV as a DLNA target, which is weird because I use it with DLNA together with other stuff... But that's another matter entirely.

Thanks! and let me know if I can provide any useful information to you guys.

LurchZA

Hi Starlionblue,

I had a similar problem before and Luke suggested I delete everything in the ScheduledTasks folder and then I was able to update.

You can find it here:

C:\Users\<USER ACCOUNT WHERE MEDIA BROWESR IS INSTALLED>\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\data\ScheduledTasks

Starlionblue

Hi Starlionblue,

I had a similar problem before and Luke suggested I delete everything in the ScheduledTasks folder and then I was able to update.

You can find it here:

C:\Users\<USER ACCOUNT WHERE MEDIA BROWESR IS INSTALLED>\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\data\ScheduledTasks

Awesome thanks!

I'm having this problem, I'm trying to update from 3.0.5171.19958 to 3.0.5192.19560 and the same thing is happening, shuts off and doesn't come back on, when I manually start it we have the restart to install prompt. Rinse and repeat...

I also cleared out SheduledTasks and that didnt help. Where can I find my update log?

Edited by afro

Starlionblue

I'm having this problem, I'm trying to update from 3.0.5171.19958 to 3.0.5192.19560 and the same thing is happening, shuts off and doesn't come back on, when I manually start it we have the restart to install prompt. Rinse and repeat...

I also cleared out SheduledTasks and that didnt help. Where can I find my update log?

Open Windows Explorer and type %appdata% in the address bar, then enter. Go to Roaming. The update logs are in "MediaBrowser-InstallLogs".

foghat

I imagine you already did this, but If something is locked, did you just try restarting your computer?

Starlionblue

I imagine you already did this, but If something is locked, did you just try restarting your computer?

I didn't because I just reinstalled. Didn't know it was locked until I saw the log afterwards.  :D