Audio track switching for Live TV not working

Guest asrequested

Guest asrequested

Theater desktop app. I have one channel that always plays the wrong track, and trying to change the track in the UI, doesn't work. FWITW, it plays correctly in HDHR app.

Edited by Doofus

Guest asrequested

I'm not able to reproduce this. You're saying it's fine on other channels?

Yeah. As near as I can tell, the tracks are in reverse order in the stream, and theater is picking the first track by default. It's just one channel. I don't mind having to change it, manually, but that option doesn't work. I just played it in the standalone. You can see in the log that track 2 is what should be played.

(+) Video --vid=1 (h264 1280x720 59.940fps)
[  20.488][i][cplayer]  (+) Audio --aid=1 (ac3 2ch 48000Hz)
[  20.488][i][cplayer]      Audio --aid=2 (ac3 6ch 48000Hz)

Guest asrequested

The same in theater.

(+) Video --vid=1 (h264 1280x720 59.940fps)
[   9.780][i][cplayer]  (+) Audio --aid=1 (ac3 2ch 48000Hz)
[   9.780][i][cplayer]      Audio --aid=2 (ac3 6ch 48000Hz)

I'm happy to switch it, if it worked

Guest asrequested

Ok, so for comparison, I played another show. This one has two different languages.

(+) Video --vid=1 (mpeg2video 1280x720 59.940fps)
[   0.711][i][cplayer]  (+) Audio --aid=1 --alang=eng (ac3 2ch 48000Hz)
[   0.711][i][cplayer]      Audio --aid=2 --alang=spa (ac3 2ch 48000Hz)

The one that plays incorrectly, doesn't specify language. So that may be the issue if you are only going by language. I don't know how the HDHR app gets it right. Maybe if you can specify when language isn't present, choose the track with the most channels? But again, I'm happy to choose the track, manually.

Guest asrequested

I tried using Electron v1.4.16, just to see if there was an issue using the beta. No change. Switching audio tracks when watching Live TV, just doesn't work. When I switch tracks in the standalone, I notice that it takes a second or two, to switch. In Theater, nothing happens, at all.

Spaceboy

Any word on fixing the track switching, issue?

this seems identical to the track switching and selection issues that all European users are seeing with live tv

Senna

this seems identical to the track switching and selection issues that all European users are seeing with live tv

Seems like driving a Ferrari and not being able to switch to second gear.... :rolleyes:;)

Lets wait and see if the Ferrari can get fixed :)

Guest asrequested

It's just the mechanism. I can switch it in mpv, it just needs to be fixed in Theater.

Alexh1

All of a sudden, on MKV rips it seems that the first audio selection (English) does not work. The subsequent selections work.

Sometimes I have seen this as a rip issue but I tested with a standalone MKV player and the track works (on a different computer with only stereo speakers)

I need to install the standalone player on the same PC as theater to test, as that PC has a 5.1 receiver.

However i doubt it's my PC or receiver since I'm having no issue with live TV 5.1 audio.

Alexh1

The standalone is just SKPlayer, I use it just to test the rips. Usually I remove all tracks except English but I have been forgetting lately.

Multiple rips have no audio on 1st audio track selection in Theater.

The receiver does switch mode to match the format, Dolby 5.1 etc. but no audio.

Also it seems to be intermittent because I know for sure I got one rip to play audio at one point but I had to switch between tracks to get it to work.

i will keep investigating as some rips do have audio but I think it's only ones with one track.

Also am I one of the few people that has the server on a separate machine fromTheater?

Because there seems to known problems with this, namely sometimes I can't tune live TV but a restart of theater always fixes the issue.

i sent the log and they acknowledged the issue.

For me having a separate server is a huge advantage. I only have one PC right now with Theater but I can have all PCI tuners on one machine, all large HDD's on machine, don't have duplicate recordings on all PC's etc. and thus can use a low cost, low power theater PC and even allow it to sleep.

Edited by Alexh1

Guest asrequested

Many of us have separate servers. Using SKplayer isn't a good comparison. If you don't have mpv logging, set up, here's how

If you want to test the standalone, I suggest you use the one in the Theater install folder. Or I can give you one pre-configured as a portable.

What version of the app are you using?

Currently the app relies on server media info, which most of the time will be exactly the same as what the player reports, but occasionally might be a little different. When this happens, that's when the track selection might not work perfectly.

In my testing so far this is pretty rare. Nonetheless, anytime we direct play it would be better to get the track list from the player instead of the server, and that is on our to do list for the future. Thanks !

Guest asrequested

I'm ok with the wrong track being played. What I'm reporting is the manual track selection, doesn't work. And I was asking to have it fixed. When watching any tv, I can't change the audio. That option doesn't work.

Guest asrequested

I'm gonna touch base one more time, then I'll assume that this isn't getting any attention. To be clear on the problem. The track selection doesn't work on ANY live TV channel,