Theme video issue in ET

mentasm

mentasm

Hi,

I'd just like to report an issue that still persists for me and is completely re-producible for me.

If a TV series has a theme video and I enter say the Up next screen for an episode and press play before the theme video begins to play, the episode will begin playing, but within about 10-20 seconds, the episode will stop playing andf ET shows that it thinks it has begun playing theme.mkv etc but all I get is a black screen.

At this point I can press stop and be returned to the Up Next episode screen.  In most cases the episode hasn't been playing long enough for the resume to become an option, so I can begin playing the episode again and will have to skip forward up to where I was up to.

I can avoid the whole issue if I pause at the Up Next episode screen until the theme video begins to play in the background.  Can take 3 to 5 seconds after entering the Next Up episode screen before the theme video begins to play.

• Like 1

Apologies that you're still seeing it, i just have tried and tried but have never reproduced this. I'll do another round of testing on it. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

As soon as I can get it to occur I'll resolve it, I just haven't been able to do that.

mentasm

Is there any way to assist you given that I can reproduce it on demand?

aspdend

I guess I must be the only person this affects.

Super annoying.

Nope - I get this too - most often the first time in the day that we use ET - for example when we come home and put the TV on for the boys - it happens with up next or if I navigate to the series folder - we tend to put pepper pig or something else like that on. Go the series and press shuffle play and an episode will start and more often than not after 10-30 seconds we either get the playback error message or the theme music/video plays and you have to stop it and then start it again...