Transcoding error with high profile option

mph55

Hi,

I'm not able to transcode any files from emby on my diskstation 1815.  Every file has the same ffmpeg error for not being able to use the high option profile:

[libx264 @ 0x939b40] [Eval @ 0x7fff507861d0] Undefined constant or missing '(' in 'high'
[libx264 @ 0x939b40] Unable to parse option value "high"
[libx264 @ 0x939b40] Error setting option profile to value high.

Error initializing output stream 0:0 -- Error while opening encoder for output stream #0:0 - maybe incorrect parameters such as bit_rate, rate, width or height

I was able to transcode and stream videos a few months ago, but it's not working with the latest stable 3.3.1.0 or beta 3.3.1.15.  Attached are the server and transcoding logs.  Thanks.

server-error.txt

transcode-error.txt

solabc16

Hello @mph55 

I can see from the logs you are not running with the standard package installation.

If you can tell us what you've changed, we can assist.

Best

- James

Hi,

I fixed the issue by replacing my emby install with the official package.  My setup was based on the first Synology version that relied on downloading different components like the ffmpeg package.  ON a different topic, the migration had a few issues requiring changing ownership of non-library folders to the embysvr user and deleting the auto MB collection from the library.  But it works ok now. 

solabc16

Hello @@mph55

Thanks for the update, glad to hear you've got it up and running successfully.

The package does included a migration utility, but a little late for that now - mentioned here, for any other users that might come across this thread.

Best

- James