Heads up to anyone still using xml built my an external tool:
Over the last couple of days I've noticed that .nfo files have started to be saved into my media folders.
I've always had "get metadata from the internet" (or whatever that setting was called) turned off. But, one of the recent beta updates seems to have created a new "Metadata savers: Nfo" setting within each library - and for some reason some (but not all) of mine had been checked causing Emby to create the nfo files.
I've since unchecked all of those settings and manually deleted the .nfo files, and everything appears to be back to normal.
Whilst I was looking in the library settings I also noticed that a number had "Enable real time monitoring" checked. I think this was also migrated from a single setting to a per-library setting - but I'm sure my single setting was "off" previously.
Edited by AdrianW, 10 April 2018 - 11:46 AM.