'Too many errors, giving up' on Live TV

pcscorchio

pcscorchio

I keep getting the dreaded 'too many errors giving up; message when trying to watch Live TV. Playback loads for 20 ish seconds then the blue circle appears and off it goes. Playback for movies, series, etc is fine and unaffected.

I'm running 40-55mbs fibre broadband and happy it is not dropping out as others in the house are using more than fine.

My 'point of contact' has told me to contact internet provider but I know there is not a problem here. I have seen posts with logs atytached but I do not know how to create a log from the Firestick.

Can anyone assist? I'm definitely being fobbed off by my 'support'. Thanks.

mastrmind11

So you're connecting to someone else's server?  Is the issue w/ every channel or certain ones in particular?  I assume you're wireless?  Does Live TV work on other devices?

tekman13

Hey, I get this on select channels as well. I think I’ve narrowed it down to 1080P content, if my WiFi connection isn’t great and it needs to actually down convert in the transcode process (rather just straight through transcoding for time shifting), I’ll get a too many errors error.

I just sent a log file from my fireTV. I tried to force the conversion down to 15mb/s and got the too many errors error.

Let me know if you want more logs.

Bobby

Fratopolis

Attached are the logs for server Version 3.3.1.0

When watching shows it gives the message too many errors giving up. It does this for me and my mother.

So as far as I can tell it only does this when transcoding takes place. When a show is working I tried then to go in the app settings as set max from auto to 3mbps and then I got the error. But works fine on emby theater and android phone.

It has been doing this since the new app came out. Mom confirmed since the new layout change for how shows are listed is when it started.

server.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-8e90b480-671c-4431-a821-4d385e11cc54.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-d2808623-60dc-4594-be69-c161b09184ca.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-dc320464-3320-434c-9f84-6facacd7ede6.txt

Edited by Fratopolis

Yep, same issue for me. This just started happening after the app on my shield was updated. This issue didn't occur with the prior version. I'm running on a wire connection to my own server (all components are hard wired in my local area network). I'm pretty sure it's the recent app update as I've done nothing different with my settings or my setup. 

You pulling these off a floppy drive ;)...?

Your A: drive is a local disc not a mapped network drive, right?

Fratopolis

Your A: drive is a local disc not a mapped network drive, right?

Guess you are talking about me haha. Yes Drive A: is my media drive. B: is my Veeam backup drive.

I use these, as A and B would never ever be assigned by windows thus in the event of a failure and those drives going offline windows will never give those out to a USB drive.

They are both internal storage arrays. But just in case you ask I went ahead and added a media folder on my Windows C Drive and tried to play from it. Same issue.

Edited by Fratopolis

Fratopolis

Ok so this did happen for me on Live tv and not just redorded media so i started playing with settings. On the new fire TV I changed the audio from direct to downmix to stereo and it stopped happening on live TV. But on my second gen fire stick it did not fix it. So weird lol. If I get time I will play more and list all settings.

Can the Emby team let us know what devices they are using to test issues with so we can give exact settings on how to replicate if possible

Also If I clear data/cache for Emby and re-sign in the problem seems to disappear for a while then randomly shows back up. Could be a fluke it was working though

EDIT: PS, I rarely watch live TV so its not unusual that I didn't notice it wasn't working on live TV. But the down-mix did fix it on that latest firetv

Edited by Fratopolis

Can the Emby team let us know what devices they are using to test issues with so we can give exact settings on how to replicate if possible

We have:

• ADT-1 (never take it out anymore)
  • Nexus Player
  • Fire TV 1st gen
  • Fire TV 2nd gen (4k)
  • Fire TV Stick 1st gen
  • Mi3
  • Shield TV 1st gen
  • Shield TV 2nd gen

Most initial testing is done with the Nexus Player because it is always the most up to date with Android.  Then initial confirmations and other testing is done on the other boxes.

Thanks.

Fratopolis

We have:

• ADT-1 (never take it out anymore)
  • Nexus Player
  • Fire TV 1st gen
  • Fire TV 2nd gen (4k)
  • Fire TV Stick 1st gen
  • Mi3
  • Shield TV 1st gen
  • Shield TV 2nd gen

Most initial testing is done with the Nexus Player because it is always the most up to date with Android.  Then initial confirmations and other testing is done on the other boxes.

Thanks.

I'll do all testing with My two nexus players then.

Senna

[offtopic] LOL, Not so long ago, I explained my 11 year old kid we used floppy drives way way back in time... His question: "What's a floppy drive ?" :D [/offtopic]

l3wdoo

I'm having this issue too. Ever since recent update to the AndroidTV app on the Nvidia shield liveTV is getting playback error. Usually after the 3rd or 4th try it will tune the channel. It happens on my shields but not on my pixel.

I'm not sure if I did it correctly, but I sent 3 logs from one shield (from this username) all around 12am (today's date). The 1st and 3rd logs didn't tune the channel, the second did.

I'm having this issue too. Ever since recent update to the AndroidTV app on the Nvidia shield liveTV is getting playback error. Usually after the 3rd or 4th try it will tune the channel. It happens on my shields but not on my pixel.

I'm not sure if I did it correctly, but I sent 3 logs from one shield (from this username) all around 12am (today's date). The 1st and 3rd logs didn't tune the channel, the second did.

Hi.  Please try the beta version of the app and let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Fratopolis

I rolled back to version on my firetv to 1.5.32g problem resolved. So Now that I for sure know exactly what to test for just the new app version. Any specific test you would like or settings set in the TV APP? Have been busy during the week with work but can now help out if possible.

I rolled back to version on my firetv to 1.5.32g problem resolved. So Now that I for sure know exactly what to test for just the new app version. Any specific test you would like or settings set in the TV APP? Have been busy during the week with work but can now help out if possible.

And what happens with the latest beta of the app?

Fratopolis

And what happens with the latest beta of the app?

FireTV stick (2nd gen): Version 1.5.73a

Live TV and Recorded TV direct stream and trancoded stream now good

Nexus Player : Version 1.5.74g

FireTV (3nd gen) : Version 1.5.73a

Only thing is I had to set the quality down in the settings on the FireTV's instead of changing on the fly while watching. If I changed on the fly the audio came through but video would not continue. Not an issue for me since I just the the auto detect do its thing. On the Nexus Player it would work changing the quality but if I changed again it would only let audio through while stuck on image before the change. Like I said not a huge deal for me but may be for others with bandwidth issues. Stats for nerds showed everything coming in so app side I am guessing not server side. 

If you want more testing lemme know or logs of any situation. But mostly looks ship shape!!!

(Why do we help people move. Hire movers people we are not in our 20's anymore. So tired, almost waited until tomorrow to test this out. Nite all!)

Edited by Fratopolis