Disappearing Playback Buttons

swhitmore

swhitmore

So I finally figured out whats causing the playback buttons to vanish on the Emby Theatre UWP app. I'm now able to reproduce the issue by touching and sliding the buttons around.

On the same note, you might want to also disable pinch-to-zoom on the app.

• 2 weeks later...

it looks like you're trying to use TV mode on your tablet and that's likely the problem. You should be using the mobile display mode which is the default anyway for mobile devices. Perhaps we should just take away that customization altogether. I wanted to be flexible in case you did something like hook up a phone to a big screen and then control it via remote control or keyboard. I think what's happening though is that it's creating the expectation that all three modes are supposed to work on any screen and that's not the intention.

swhitmore

it looks like you're trying to use TV mode on your tablet and that's likely the problem. You should be using the mobile display mode which is the default anyway for mobile devices. Perhaps we should just take away that customization altogether. I wanted to be flexible in case you did something like hook up a phone to a big screen and then control it via remote control or keyboard. I think what's happening though is that it's creating the expectation that all three modes are supposed to work on any screen and that's not the intention.

Unfortunately I can't use tablet mode because the scaling is waaaay off. I also much prefer the layout on the Auto mode.

Before:

5ae97f5abccfe_before.jpg

After:

5ae97f71af660_after.jpg

Edited by swhitmore

how is the scaling off? You should be using mobile display mode.

swhitmore

That's what I tried. It makes everything too small as above.

UnderMiner

Hello,

I experience the loss of controls when playing back using a Surface Pro 4 connected to a display port monitor.

The lower bar showing progress and controls also disappears after playback on Xbox One S.

The system seems to work correctly for the first video but the issue often appears after playing the second video in a series.

If you try the latest update the text sizes should be much bigger now in mobile layout mode. Make sure to use the mobile display mode if you're on a mobile device. Thanks.

swhitmore

If you try the latest update the text sizes should be much bigger now in mobile layout mode. Make sure to use the mobile display mode if you're on a mobile device. Thanks.

Thanks @@Luke the scaling seems better. How do I get the horizontal view back?