TV Guide current time graphical line

Diedrich

Diedrich

Within the TV Guide screen it would be quite helpful if we had a vertical line (matching the GUI theme - something like green, blue or red) that indicates the current time within the table. This is present in many different cable provider guides as a reference.

The vertical line would be at the approximate position within the hour block above the table.

2f1750be559edb770bf7805f431b713e.jpg

Edited by Diedrich
  • Like 3

Hi.  Don't we already have shading for this purpose?

We found that a line is very difficult to make look right in all instances (interferes with text sometimes) so we went with background shading.

• Like 1

andyblac644

Hi.  Don't we already have shading for this purpose?

We found that a line is very difficult to make look right in all instances (interferes with text sometimes) so we went with background shading.

no, just what is currently airing (see below), maybe have a partly darker shade of the event that has time elapsed ??

5aca279ae2088_ScreenShot20180408at152919

5aca27fd5dc02_ScreenShot20180408at152919

• Like 1

Diedrich

no, just what is currently airing (see below), maybe have a partly darker shade of the event that has time elapsed ??

5aca27fd5dc02_ScreenShot20180408at152919

Ooooo! I LIKE THAT!

Okay.  The Android TV app does that now.  I thought we had gotten it into the web app too but I guess not yet.

Diedrich

Okay. The Android TV app does that now. I thought we had gotten it into the web app too but I guess not yet.

Theater too, please!

arrbee99

Good idea, so long as the existing shading stays put as it does show whats playing now.

riverboat2001

Off topic i know, but how are you getting the "New" "Repeat"  and PG ratings in your epg?

Off topic i know, but how are you getting the "New" "Repeat"  and PG ratings in your epg?

5acfade1f0ad1_guideindicators.png

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I see mostly solid colors, not gradients. What part of the screenshot are you referring to? Thanks.

I see mostly solid colors, not gradients. What part of the screenshot are you referring to? Thanks.

I meant the different shading to show whhere we are in the guide