M3U file and Emby Theater transcoding

1080p4me

1080p4me

Hi All,

Looking for some help here. I got a m3u tuner on my server and when I launch a channel it takes forever to open the stream then the stats for nerds shows Media bitrate exceeds limit through Emby Theater. However if I log in to the webpage in chrome and launch the same channel I get a direct stream that loads almost immediately. Why is theater transcoding? The quality is set to auto.

Also to note the android app also loads up and does transcoding but takes about 10 seconds to open the stream as well so seems to be something with theater causing the slowness.

kikinjo

Same issue as i reported, there is definitely something different with ET desktop.

Edited by kikinjo

1080p4me

Here is a copy of the log starting from 19:54:11.212 timestamp to 19:56:17.524 saying (slow) web browser no problem. I'm also seeing the minimize button does not work on Emby Theater same with maximize button on multiple PC's also alt+tab doesn't also for switching between apps as it should like any windows app.

I will be looking at his issue soon, however this kind of thing is almost always dependent on the source stream, therefore you may find that once his issue is resolved, it still may not resolve yours.

If someone else can send a sample m3u that would be appreciated. Perhaps I will be able to reproduce with a different stream. Thanks.

kikinjo

It does not make sense to pinpoint iptv provider if same stream is working fine through webapp, and not Emby Theater.

We tested this and proved it many times. Many ppl reported here in different threads same issues with Emby Theater desktop version,

and only ET is the issue, not any other app.

It does not make sense to pinpoint iptv provider if same stream is working fine through webapp, and not Emby Theater.

We tested this and proved it many times. Many ppl reported here in different threads same issues with Emby Theater desktop version,

and only ET is the issue, not any other app.

Yes, it still does, because different apps play them in different ways, and that can still result in variations per source. At this point i can't reproduce any problems but if someone would like to provide a sample stream I'm happy to test it out and look for any issues. Thanks.

kikinjo

Yes, it still does, because different apps play them in different ways, and that can still result in variations per source. At this point i can't reproduce any problems but if someone would like to provide a sample stream I'm happy to test it out and look for any issues. Thanks.

Well i understand but i can tell you that i have tried with 4 different IPTV providers (at the same time i tested it with vlc / perfect player, no problems) and 3 different Windows 10 computers running windows 10 and ET desktop.

Same result on all of them, transcoding on sever and ET spinning, while same stream works in web app right away. Also tried to see if graphic card does any difference, tried nvidia quadro, Intel 500, ..., unfortunately same issues

whatever i tried.

I will send you few different m3us for testing no prob, but i suspect more and more that there is some HW/software + ET issue, at least i suspect that.

Luke could you please reply with version of ffmpeg on computer where you tested last m3u i sent to you ? Cheers

1080p4me

If the web app is more efficient then an actual application with files installed that are making decisions to transcode when such and such happen and the web app has no issue direct streaming then programitacally it is making a bad decision to do so as I cannot configure it to direct stream unless I'm missing something in my settings.

1080p4me

In addition all m3u should be passthrough. VLC doesn't do anything special nor do the providers supplying the content or apks it just works if your internet is fast enough or buffers if not.

@1080p3me, i suppose you could try the beta server if you would like. Maybe that is one reason for a difference. I tried your m3u and was able to play two channels from Emby Theater without any trouble. Both direct played without any transcoding.

kikinjo

I m also waiting for new stable build (don't do beta on main server), will try it.

Can you guys please post version of ffmpeg you are using ? thanks