Chromecast time skip not working

VVander

VVander

I was having trouble with chromecast via the Android app from my Linux server, but manually updating to 3.3.1.0 seemed to help this.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/57052-cant-stream-anything-to-chromecast/

However, the movie I was watching cut out about 15 minutes before the end (so tragic! -- right before the final scene in the original Blade Runner). Emby was still connected to the chromecast, so I tried to restart the movie and time skip to the spot where it had failed, but it did nothing. I've had no trouble replicating this behavior, and media does seem to play fine from the beginning. Logs are attached!

log 1.txt

Log 2.txt

Log 3.txt

Hi, this looks to be related to this particular video file. can you provide a sample for testing? thanks.

VVander

Looks like I was able to replicate the issue (time skip = broken, but normal playing is ok) in VLC. Unfortunately it's a rather large file so I can't provide the entire thing easily, but I attached a sample of the first 1.5 mins that has the same issue in VLC. I tried to keep all the encoding the same, but I might have missed something... hopefully nothing important.

Here's the sample: https://dropfile.to/vErotDK

(expires in ~23 hrs)

Edited by VVander

Thanks. I see consistent behavior with both vlc and emby transcoding. since both are based on ffmpeg i think that's likely where the issue is. We may just have to wait and see if a newer build resolves it.

VVander

That's unfortunate but makes sense. Do you happen to know an easy way to test files in bulk? Would be nice to know if any other issues like this are hidden in my library.

You mean like a video test suite? I'm not quite sure, sorry, but would be useful.