Issues with resume

Karajorma

That's an arm CPU right? Ok then yes if so, that package is built by the qnap community and it doesn't include ffmpeg so you have to set that up manually.

We have a new package for x64 qnap machines which takes care of all this.

Karajorma

Okay, here's the full story of what I did.

I downloaded QMono, ffmpeg and emby from QNAP Club. QMono required that I use the 4.8.1.0 release because that was the last x31 compatible version that would install on my TS-431. Here are the links

https://qnapclub.eu/fr/qpkg/193 - Qmono

https://qnapclub.eu/fr/qpkg/379 - ffmpeg

https://www.qnapclub.eu/en/qpkg/343 - emby

I installed them in that order and then pointed emby at /opt/ffmpeg/ffmpeg when it asked me for the ffmpeg location. I assume that works because I can play videos in my browser window. I then installed Kodi from a completely fresh install. I then followed these instructions from the emby website on how to install the Emby for Kodi Sync Add On

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/wiki/Emby-Repository

When the settings popped up i choose to use Addon rather than Native Paths.

I'm still completely unable to get anything I play on Kodi to resume properly. When played via the browser resume works fine. If I attempt to resume on Kodi using DLNA i can resume a video I stopped playing via the browser but as soon as I stop it in Kodi the resume data is wiped and the film is marked as watched.

I'm attaching the complete log for emby from the time I installed it and the complete log for kodi since it was reinstalled.

kodi.log

Log.txt

Angelblue05

I can confirm your runtime seems properly filled, I'm checking your Kodi log. Will let you know.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

@@Karajorma

I am using the same Kodi version as you (exact same build version) and have no trouble resuming. 

I can't see the issue, but can you install this build. I've added additional logging so I can see why it's not resume correctly from widgets in your case. From within library it should resume correctly.

Provide a new Kodi log capturing the resume from widget action, thank you.

plugin.video.emby-3.0.21a.zip

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Something seems wrong, it looks like you have two versions of emby for kodi running at the same time and that's causing your content to get marked as watched after creating the resume point, therefore erasing the resume point. So when you retried playing it, Emby returned no resume point.

Can you access the Kodi directory and check the add-ons folder to make sure you don't have more than one plugin.video.emby? You should see, plugin.video.emby, plugin.video.emby.movies, plugin.video.emby.musicvideos, plugin.video.emby.tvshows

Let me know, thanks. If you don't see an extra plugin.video.emby folder then, make sure you restart Kodi which I don't believe you did after installing 3.0.21a.

Edited by Angelblue05

Karajorma

Okay I didn't have any extra versions of the plug ins. But when I restarted Kodi things started working properly. Which is really strange because I have done restarts before and they've had no effect. One thing I have noticed is that if I right click on a file and then choose the Restart from xx:xx option it restarts from the beginning. That's not a huge problem for me since I never do that (the pop-up works perfectly) but I'm attaching a log of just this error in case it helps.

Anyway, thanks a lot for all the help. As long as things keep working I'm happy with things now. That said, if a restart is that important for the emby plugin to work then this guide ought to be updated to include it. Most plugins don't require a restart so there's no reason to expect this one to need one, especially given that it starts syncing up without one.

kodi.log

Edited by Karajorma
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

I will see to support that scenario as well, thank you for the log and for letting me know things work now. Honestly, the restart was probably just a fluke. I've installed many updates over time and never had to restart since Kodi correctly shut down the add-on, prior to installing the newer version. I just saw in your logs that every action from Emby for Kodi was duplicated. I doubt you'll need to restart moving forward.

Glad everything is working, keep me posted if anything else. :)

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Did you install the Kodi companion server plugin as well? It should help to have a faster start up in Kodi. Right now, I see it's doing a manual sync which runs for about 40 seconds. Might be worth looking into it to optimize your Kodi setup.

Edited by Angelblue05

Karajorma

I installed it but I seem to be getting errors now. I'm not sure if the plugin caused it or not. I keep seeing this error whether I let Kodi sync on its own or manually.

Library sync thread has exited! You should restart Kodi now. Please report this on the forum.

Looking in the log I see this error.

19:50:43.804 T:16640  NOTICE: EMBY.librarysync -> ERROR:: database is locked
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\NamelessOne\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\librarysync.py", line 644, in run
                                                self.run_internal()
                                              File "C:\Users\NamelessOne\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\librarysync.py", line 739, in run_internal
                                                librarySync = self.startSync()
                                              File "C:\Users\NamelessOne\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\librarysync.py", line 109, in startSync
                                                completed = ManualSync().sync()
                                              File "C:\Users\NamelessOne\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\librarysync.py", line 827, in sync
                                                return self.fullSync(manualrun=True)
                                              File "C:\Users\NamelessOne\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\librarysync.py", line 302, in fullSync
                                                completed = process[itemtype](cursor_emby, cursor_video, pDialog)
                                              File "C:\Users\NamelessOne\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\librarysync.py", line 839, in tvshows
                                                return TVShows(embycursor, kodicursor, pdialog).compare_all()
                                              File "C:\Users\NamelessOne\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\objects\tvshows.py", line 179, in compare_all
                                                self.add_updateEpisode(episode)
                                              File "C:\Users\NamelessOne\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\objects\_common.py", line 31, in wrapper
                                                return func(*args, **kwargs)
                                              File "C:\Users\NamelessOne\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\objects\tvshows.py", line 614, in add_updateEpisode
                                                emby_db.updateReference(itemid, checksum)
                                              File "C:\Users\NamelessOne\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\embydb_functions.py", line 373, in updateReference
                                                self.embycursor.execute(query, (checksum, embyid))
                                            OperationalError: database is locked

Also for some unfathomable reason none of my albums appear to have more than 5 songs in them in Kodi! Which sounds like a sync error too but a really bizarre one.

EDIT: A repair of the local database appears to be fixing that one though.

Edited by Karajorma
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Can you post the complete log? Database being locked can be caused by many things. But I'm currently working on improving this process.

If the sync can't complete then that could explain the missing content. In those situation you can try a repair of your database for music only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

Karajorma

I'll see if the problem goes away after the repair. If it comes up again I'll be sure to post.

• Like 1

Karajorma

Well in the end I just gave up and reinstalled both programs and turned on the option in the plugin to deal with database locks. So far things seem to be working apart from another problem which I was occasionally getting (yeah, another one. Kodi for emby seems to really hate me!). Basically every once in a while kodi stops updating the interface. I can still get play music via the kodi web interface but I get no video. I can still hear the interface sound effects but the screen just displays whatever it was displaying when it locked up. I've only had this problem since I started using emby so I suspect that it must be the cause. I'm attaching the kodi log.

kodi.log

Angelblue05

Did you mark a huge number of items as watched manually, in Kodi?

Edited by Angelblue05

Karajorma

Yeah, I'm going through the collection as I add TV shows and marking complete the ones I've already watched. Why would that cause Kodi to lock up?

Angelblue05

It's the overlap of looking up the emby database. Since you are marking a lot of items, by the time Kodi is done telling the add-on of the items watched, Emby is already triggering updates from the beginning of the list.

I guess, slow down a bit, you should see the add-on trigger an update/refresh the listing. Wait for that before proceeding for more modification.

I'll keep it in mind when im ready to rework this.

Edited by Angelblue05

Karajorma

Okay. I seem to be having similar issues with my other kodi box which I guess are related (in this case failed syncs). I'll slow things down and see if that helps

Karajorma

Actually, would this still cause problems if I mark things as watched in Emby rather than in Kodi? It's going to take me a while to mark 300+ shows as watched or not if I can only do them one at a time, especially as I have some shows with hundreds of episodes.

Angelblue05

No, it'd be fine to do it via Emby. As it's one direction. Let me know.

Karajorma

Well I marked a bunch of shows as watched in emby to do a stress test and all three of my kodi boxes timed out when syncing in response. But the update did eventually make it over to them without any crashes.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Ok that's good to know. I'll look to make improvements to this area of the code.