daveru79

Option for green check mark indicating "watched" media

daveru79

Sorry if this is on another thread. Was wondering if there could be an option for watched media to not have a green check. Just an eye candy issue but I'd like the media cover art not to be covered with it. I'd just prefer to use the filter to see what is watched and unwatched. Thanks for all you do! I switched from Plex to Emby and found it to be a more beautiful and stable client!

• Like 4

GhostRider

Similiar to my request for the icons on Collections:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/57345-collections-badge-icons-display-option-onoff/

Agree that the green icons make the CoverArt less attractive, although I like the tick on watched movies so would like to see the option to turn them off for Collections and Movies as separate.

Edited by GhostRider

vinny818

Upvote. Would rather see an indicator for unwatched media rather than watched.

• Like 4

dropshadow

would really like an option to disable the indicator completely server-wide...

EddyMerkxs

Agreed

ignisanulum

In case anyone else is interested, just add the following CSS snippet to Settings -> Advanced -> Custom css to hide the mark

.cardPlayedIndicator {
    visibility: hidden;
}

brezlord

Yes this is how it should be.

• Like 1

sjabaker

Yes this is how it should be.

Definitely would love to see this as an option (or even as default, though I understand some may prefer the existing way) - for the following reasons:

1. As posters above have noted, it avoids impinging on the presentation of whole screen-fulls of poster images in large (& mostly watched) libraries.
  2. The green dots tend to 'draw the eye' - and it seems more relevant/useful to be highlighting unwatched rather than already-watched media.
  3. Most importantly - the current approach in Emby is actually inconsistent!  For example, I'm looking at my home screen with the row of "latest tv shows" just above the "latest movies"... the green dot (with a tick) on a movie poster indicates watched status, but the green dot (with a number) on a tv show poster indicates unwatched status!

Re #3: Similarly, when I'm looking at a set of tv shows in a library, or looking at the set of seasons in a show, the presence of a green dot (with number) indicates unwatched episodes, but when I then navigate into a specific season the presence of a green dot (with tick) changes meaning again and now means watched instead. I think it'd be much preferable if 'green dot' always indicated the same thing (i.e. unwatched).

• Like 1

Luke

Thanks for the feedback. Options are certainly possible for the future.

Mad Man with a Blue Box

The css trick above seems to not work for me or does it only work in the web interface and not android and firetv apps?

ebr

The css trick above seems to not work for me or does it only work in the web interface and not android and firetv apps?

CSS is only utilized in the web app.  That should be noted just below the field in the dash...