Massive emby for kodi DB sync issues

thrlly

thrlly

my base setup is an two client system wich i want to have synced in watched status.

1. both clients share the same username on the server, both client running the fast sync plugin.

Issues:

Kodi database is getting emptyd on either one or the other client. I can see the movie archive count dropping to just half the movies on the server. (even with lock fix enabled etc)

i have to repair sync the whole video libary (takes 1+ hour to sync), when i move to the menus, the sync message disappears. cant say if it still syncing or not, the client starts lagging, reboot is needed, sync needs to restart,

client unusable till finished scan.

in the mean time, the database is getting cleared on the other client, so when i got an working db on one client, the other one is halving.

2. both client not sharing the same username anymore, watch status sync in between is not working anymore (adding client to video session is not working)

db count is not the number i see on the server, after client restart recent movies are missing. doing an manual rescan, wait 1 hour again, kodi adds 2200 dupe movies to the db, now i got 6600 movies with 4400 real movies and 2200 dupes

i cant remember a whole week without issues, sad. i think i spend more time syncing the db, than actually watch the db.

Edited by thrlly

Angelblue05

And yet you didn't post for help until now. I guess better late than never :) I'm actively working on the project but maybe you should look at Embycon if you can't figure out your issue. Seems like null is thirsty for some new users hah ;)

Sounds to me like you have some kind of clean on update going on, at least that would be something that can cause the database to get erased for no reason. But then again I'm just guessing since I have no information on your setup and no logs.

If you are interested in digging some more, here's how to report your issue, thank you: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/17599-how-to-report-a-problem/

Edited by Angelblue05

sualfred

EmbyCon and Emby For Kodi, both have pros and cons.

I've been running Emby For Kodi for 1,5 years now on multiple clients. And I have never faced such issues. I'm with Angelblue, something on your Kodi setup is doing strange cleanups or similar, or your Kodi installations get corrupted somehow. 

A log right after a issue appeared would help to identify the "problem".