Emby Stops Responding in WMC

Chillout

Chillout

I am having the problem where Emby stops responding during direct play playback in WMC.  

WMC will return to the main screen while playback resumes.  I can go back into the Emby screen without error.  

After this event, playback is 'buggy'; i cannot fast forward or rewind unless I close WMC.

I havent added any plugins or made any configuration changes since the problems started a few days ago.

embyserver.txt

Also, if you are really getting a "stopped responding" message from WMC, please see the instructions in there on getting the Windows event log.

Thanks.

Hi.  You are running the beta version of EMC.  I don't think it is going to make a difference but can you try installing the release version and then play something and post another EMC log from that?

Thanks.

Chillout

The 2nd log (*139.log) seems have a lot of errors associated with playback. Not sure if it has anything to do with the problem of the server stopping responding or not.

2018-04-01 08:23:22.7918,Error,,Async thread threw the following exception:  ( Exception.  Type=Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializationException Msg=Error converting value "System.Threading

It will be resolved two beta servers from now, thanks.

Thank you for being a part of the beta testing team.

• 2 weeks later...