Roku3, no option for live tv, requesting premiere

mastrmind11
Go to solution Solved by mastrmind11,

mastrmind11

As the title suggests, I cannot find the guide, so I cannot send a log, but I see an item on the banner to subscribe to Premiere (which, I have).  This is an ancient Roku3 I dug out and hooked up to a guest room in the summer house.  Everything else works flawlessly.... you guys have seriously done a f*ing bang up job since the last time I used this device... everything transcodes but its a garbage wifi connection on a garbage device buried in the basement under the AP, so it's expected but I can't even tell, so hats off to you.

That aside, what do I need to do to get the guide menu?  I have premiere, have not reached my limit according to the dashboard, and would love to get this solved before I leave for a couple months tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks

edit:  I just smoked my logs folder and reopened the Roku app.  No logs were generated by the server?  However, I sent the logs a few seconds after reopening the app.... 558 EST user bill.

Edited by mastrmind11

Beta or release version of the app? Does the roku have an internet connection? You don't need an active connection every time you start the app, just once in a while when it needs to validate. You need to ensure the Roku can reach our admin domain, mb3admin.com.

mastrmind11

Beta or release version of the app? Does the roku have an internet connection? You don't need an active connection every time you start the app, just once in a while when it needs to validate. You need to ensure the Roku can reach our admin domain, mb3admin.com.

sorry, release version, has fulltime internet access, same network as all the other devices here (like the 2 Bravia TVs I was working on earlier :))

mastrmind11

Ok, please see the instructions here on how to submit an in-app log:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

@@ebr will review that, thanks.

See my last sentence of the OP.  I just updated the Roku to latest FW, giving it a go now.  

edit:  No go on the latest roku fw, submitted another log @ 607 EST, user bill.

Edited by mastrmind11

mastrmind11

That device is running a really old version of the app. Update it.

Cool. How. I went to the channel and downloaded what was there.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

mastrmind11

That device is running a really old version of the app. Update it.

Says 3.0.41 in the app.

mastrmind11

Is the Roku firmware up to date?

Post #5. Unless it's incremental and have to keep hitting update. I'll check in a few.

• Solution
mastrmind11

Ok so apparently after updating the fw and installing the app, you have to go back to the Roku settings and hit update again, which updates the app. Works now. Thanks

• Like 1