LG emby app 1.06 SSL problem connecting to server

valliz

valliz

Hi.

I'm trying to connect to a remote emby server which runs on ssl and not on the default port.

I can find the server via emby connect (but can't connect to it manually)

When I try to connect to the server as it has shown up on the "home sceen", it says that it cant find the server, or connect to it. Is there an issue related to SSL?

The TV is a LG 49uf772v on firmware 04.25.56 webOS 2.0

Edited by valliz

Strange. You'd think LG would accept that. Have you tried connecting using the hostname that the cert is associated with?

valliz

Tried with both hostname and ip, none of it works. Without SSL it works like a charm. Activate SSL, no server found.

valliz

Yes, it seems so. Thats a shame, been waiting for the app being stable enough to use on a regular basis. Guess I have to rely on plex server and Xplay until then.

valliz

Yes, same cert and no problem, using xplay since the official app dosen't support SSl.

I was wrong, not using the same cert on plex. Using the wildcard cert for *.plex.direct

Right because I was going to say, there's no way for us to force the LG app to accept your cert. I looked and I don't see any API available for us to do that. So I apologize that you're thinking of this as "app not being stable", but the answer is that you just have to use a cert that LG will accept.

andyblac644

SSL (aka encryption) on tv imo is bad idea, you only adding more work for cpu, and this can cause streaming issues with high bitrate files as the cpu has to decrypt the streaming media. this is the reason Plex does not support SSL on the LG app, even the XPlay author recommends not using SSL and why it defaults to a None Secure connection If that is available 

Edited by andyblac644

• 1 month later...
mapapadimitriou

Hi,

sorry for the Goofy question...

I have an UH600V with WebOS 2.0.

I try to connect by no luck. In Host I have put the IP, the localhost, the https://app.emby.media.

What should I do in order to be able to connect?

I have no idea about certificates etc. or where to change themin the TV.

Thanks