Revamped ServerWMC plugin v1.1.3.5 crashes EMC

d00zah

d00zah

Emby Server v3.3.1.0
ServerWMC v1.0.0.62, build: 1247
ServerWMC Plugin v1.1.3.5
EMC v3.0.314.0

Now that 'ServerWMC Recordings' has been moved to the home screen, it also appears in EMC.

post-10374-0-86474000-1522428167_thumb.jpg

And it can be selected & the contents ~displayed:

post-10374-0-56468900-1522428212_thumb.jpg

But when selecting a specific show (not even an episode), EMC crashes.

post-10374-0-68590500-1522428255_thumb.jpg

Since recordings made by WMC natively play already, I would expect the same within EMC since it's there.

server-63658009246.txt

MBClassic-30320182c7b053795cb4e6db291c985f344414a.log

ServerWMC_Service.log

Can you please find the error in the Windows Event log (instructions in the normal problem report post).

Thanks.

d00zah

Need more than this?

Application log:

- EventData
      ehExtHost.exe       6.1.7601.17514       4ce77974       KERNELBASE.dll       6.1.7601.24059       5aa1fad8       c0020001       000000000001a06d

WMC log:

- EventData
      Exception System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at System.Reflection.RuntimePropertyInfo.GetValue(Object obj, Object[] index) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.Template.FastPropertyInfo.FastClrPropertyInfo.GetValue(Object obj) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ObjectPath.PropertyOperations.Get(Object instance, String stPath, Boolean fThrowOnError) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ObjectPath.Get(Object instance, Int32 idxStart, Int32 nCount, Boolean fErrorOnNullReturn, Boolean fThrowOnError) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.Set.ApplyWorker(Object args) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.Template.RuleCollection.Update(IRulesHost rulesHost) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.Template.ViewBlueprint.Build(Object objContext, Object objRoot) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.Host.OnPreInitialize() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItem.PreInitializeTreeWorker() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItem.PreInitializeTreeWorker() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItem.PreInitializeTreeWorker() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItem.PreInitializeTreeWorker() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItem.PreInitializeTreeWorker() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItem.PreInitializeTreeWorker() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItem.PreInitializeTreeWorker() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItem.PreInitializeTreeWorker() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.NewUiZone.DeliverInitializations() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.NewUiZone.ImplementUiTask(UiTask task, Object param) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.UiZone.ProcessUiTask(UiTask task, Object param) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.UiSession.ProcessInitialization() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.Queues.Dispatcher.MainLoop(Queue queue) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.UIDispatcher.MainLoop(Queue queue, LoopCondition condition) at MediaCenter.Extensibility.Host.Main(String[] args) InnerException System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at MediaBrowser.Library.Entities.Episode.get_BackdropImagePaths() at MediaBrowser.Library.Entities.BaseItem.get_BackdropImagePath() at MediaBrowser.Library.Item.get_BackdropImage()

Best guess right now is that those episodes are being created without any season relationship and EMC simply cannot handle that.

If this is actually the cause, then what you might want to do is setup your recordings folder as a regular emby library, rather than running it through the live tv plugin.

Teddy

I have the same problem before ServerWMC plugin did not appear in the libraries (only recorded folder as usual), but since then when I start EMC it crash "unable to lanch Emby" and the only solution I have found is to uninstall ServerWMC for EMC to work.

Edited by Teddy

d00zah

If this is actually the cause, then what you might want to do is setup your recordings folder as a regular emby library, rather than running it through the live tv plugin.

The implication seems to be that I have 2 choices:

Keep WMC/EMC working as they always have & live without LiveTV access in the webUI

- OR -

Keep LiveTV access in the webUI & avoid stuff in EMC I have no option to hide?

Teddy

But this change is due to Emby Server update or the new version of ServerWMC Plugin?ServerWMC plugin

If it is the plugin then I would install the previous version.

d00zah

I backed it down once, but it keeps auto-updating after service restart. Will probably defang the 'check for updates' task & freeze things for now.

Note:  v1.1.3.1 removes 'ServerWMC Recordings' from the EMC home screen.

Edited by d00zah

Teddy

It is true, with v1.1.3.1 everything returns as before but I do not know how to prevent it from being updated automatically

The only solution I have found is for EMC to work, check "use legazy folder browsing" but then I lose the Collections tab.

Edited by Teddy

d00zah

You're able to play the recordings in the web app right?

Both recordings (even the ones that don't show up as 'Recent') & Live TV, yes.

• 1 month later...
Teddy

Installed server 3.4.0.0 but the problem with ServerWMC continues.

The only thing that solves the problem if I want to use ServerWMC and EMC is using legazy folder browsing, from EMC options.

Is there any fix to solve this problem?

What is the issue, just that you can't play recordings, right?

Teddy

Luke, As explained above when I start EMC it crashes with the message "unable to lanch Emby" since ServerWMC plugin appears in the libraries.

The only solution for EMC to work is "Use legazy browsing folder".

The tab recordings is available and I can play them.

(I guess the problem is that when EMC starts it tries to show the SerVMC folder and therefore crashes")

UPDATE -  Don't mind Luke, I have solved the issue by hiding ServerWMC Recordings "Display on home screen"
Anyway thanks to support

Edited by Teddy

I'm afraid the true solution for this is going to have to happen on the ServerWMC plug-in side.  It needs to provide season information for all episodes like the normal server does.  To try and account for this in all of the legacy WMC code would just be too big of a task at this point in time.

d00zah

I'm afraid the true solution for this is going to have to happen on the ServerWMC plug-in side.  It needs to provide season information for all episodes like the normal server does.  To try and account for this in all of the legacy WMC code would just be too big of a task at this point in time.

Please help me understand this statement... I'm holding off on the latest stable server & have backed the ServerWMC Plugin down to v1.1.3.1 in order for EMC to display things 'just like always'. After reading this , I went back & looked at how the server displays WMC recording details (via ServerWMC) & it LOOKS LIKE the 'season information for all episodes' you reference has been there all along.

post-10374-0-27621900-1525525375_thumb.jpg

so I'm confused Thanks, in advance.

However, the option Teddy mentions appears to address some of my initial concern, hiding the new 'ServerWMC Recordings'  tile from EMC altogether...

"I have solved the issue by hiding ServerWMC Recordings "Display on home "screen"

In this case it's just a single episode without having a season and series object in the server database. Emby for WMC is folder driven based on it's roots with Media Browser 2 and therefore it's not build to handle that.

This is likely to be resolved via new server development however I can't say when that will be. We want to be able to accommodate a true mish mash of episodes without any folders and have all regular TV features still be supported. That will come at some point although not immediately.

d00zah

In this case it's just a single episode without having a season and series object in the server database. Emby for WMC is folder driven based on it's roots with Media Browser 2 and therefore it's not build to handle that.

This is likely to be resolved via new server development however I can't say when that will be. We want to be able to accommodate a true mish mash of episodes without any folders and have all regular TV features still be supported. That will come at some point although not immediately.

Thanks for the explanation, Luke. Just hope you'll continue to provide ways to exclude/hide these 'signs of evolution' from EMC as Emby evolves.

This type of thing is the consequence of having to avoid EMC changes in order to retain theme compatibility.