Emby for Kodi playback if transcoding errors out with a KeyError

EraYaN

EraYaN

When trying the play a file that needs to be transcoded, the playback fails with a KeyError of 'DeliveryUrl'

The Emby server is in the LAN but not on the same subnet, and it is using the internal DNS for resolving.

I have attached the client log file.
The server logs does not seem to contain anything out of the ordinary regarding the play request.

Client is Kodi 17.6 running on the latest macOS and the server is running on Windows Server 2016.

It seems to be a client issue, as the webbrowser (Firefox) does seem to want to play.

kodi.log

Angelblue05

Can you try this build for me? According to your log, you were trying to play a music video, right? I added a filter for subtitles appended to the stream. It is now restricted to movies and episodes only. Hopefully it corrects your issue. Let me know :)

Edited by Angelblue05

EraYaN

I've tried using a VPN and on Airport WiFi, but it's won't actually transcode it seems, the Ctrl+Shift+O gives a 28Mb/s video stream.

I installed the add-on (updated), restarted modi waited for the Welcome "" message, and started the same title, it plays but no external subtitles, also it seems to be the raw stream.

The add-on settings are set to the 3 tot 4 Mbps HD transcode setting.

So I'll get back to you in a day or two, I'll have to test intercontinentally, but if that works, VPN extended LAN should also work.

And yes I was trying to play a bluray concert remux, with both embedded (PGS) and external subtitles (srt)

Angelblue05

I guess I misunderstood your issue. I reverted my changes as I understand you are expecting subtitles to display. I've added more logging, can you provide a new log capturing the issue? Thank you

Edited by Angelblue05

EraYaN

I think your changes were good, but not quite complete. The main issue seemed to be the external subtitles.

Now the file does not play anymore like before, log is attached. Same KeyError as before.

kodi.log

Angelblue05

Thanks for the new log. There were no fixes in the last build I provided, just extra logging. My fix was not correct for the situation since I restricted subtitles to movies and episodes. I didn't think concerts would have subtitles. :)

I'll come back to you on this, once I have a solution.

EraYaN

Aah right, these are foreign language concerts and they actually have the PGS subs on the disk for multiple languages, and the external is a OCR version of on of the tracks with fixes.

And then there are fan translations, they are basically movies that are just in a different category.

• Like 1

EraYaN

The video plays, and the subtitle tracks are all there. But the transcoding seems to not work still, and that is with DirectPlay disabled on the server. And some ridiculous setting like 66x Kbps for video. Even the audio is a problem on this super long and slow connection.
 Sadly there is not audio bandwidth setting.
But I think the main issue is fixed now, but transcoding still behaves differently for movie and for music video files. A test with a movie file, yields a proper 0.6-0.8 figure for video bandwidth.

EraYaN

Well they are both direct streaming, sadly. The movie just so happens to be very low bitrate when the logos are showing.

First log is with Force HTTP Streaming on and the second with that setting off.

The logs say "play method direct streaming" for all but also "SupportsTranscoding: True" in the json dump. Not sure what is going on.

One the web player (Safari macOS) transcoding does work, on both audio and video. (Reasons stated are unsupported audio and video codecs and bandwidth limitations)

kodi.log

kodi2.log