Movie crashes after about a minute

joshforman

joshforman

Videos sometimes stutter a bit, but don't make it past about a minute or so before the Emby app crashes. I paid for premiere because i thought it was a limitation of the free version.  

My Synology server:

Model name

DS416play

CPU

INTEL Celeron N3060

CPU clock rate

1.6 GHz

CPU cores

Total physical memory

1024 MB

DSM version

DSM 6.1.5-15254 Update 1

joshforman

Can you please provide information under Media Playback Issues in How to Report a Problem?

Like what? I described the problem (there's not much to it) and provided a dozen logs.

The only thing I can think to add is:

• before premiere, the pre-roll video would play fine and then start the movie but it crashes after a minute.
  • after premiere, the trailers play (((sometimes - if one starts, it usually completes))), then the movie starts but the app crashes after about a minute.

I did notice that when I was trying to play Ant-Man, the app crashed more than once in the exact same spot, but that wasn't 100% repeatable 

Versions: app is latest (auto-updates), tvOS is latest (with public betas)

corey

Like what? I described the problem (there's not much to it) and provided a dozen logs.

Where did you provide the logs? I don't see any in your original post.

joshforman

Where did you provide the logs? I don't see any in your original post.

Oh, sorry. i selected the file but I guess i didn't upload them before submitting. here ya go..

embylogs.zip

ScubaR6

I am having the same exact issue. Movies crash at the exact same spot every time. Server restart does not fix the issue. Logs are about useless.

joshforman

Hi.  It looks like these are all playback of remote trailers?

Here is a new log. Towards the end, i started playing a movie called All of Me, after 3 trailers, and I think 2 pre-roll videos (another issue: it plays more than one pre-roll video)

Log-12.txt

Edited by joshforman

Here is a new log. Towards the end, i started playing a movie called All of Me, after 3 trailers, and I think 2 pre-roll videos (another issue: it plays more than one pre-roll video)

Was an ffmpeg log created for that playback (the movie, not the trailers)?  If so, can we please see it?

Also, can you please explain exactly what happens when you say "the emby app crashes"?

Thanks.

joshforman

@@joshforman, why do you feel the two pre roll videos is an issue?

from the settings:5abd56e55ba31_ScreenShot20180329at51209P

Sounds like it's supposed to be singular. I would think that one intro should play.

Sounds like it's supposed to be singular. I would think that one intro should play.

What about the trailer settings on that same screen?

joshforman

Here's an updated one. Yesterday or the day before, I started watching Kingsman TGC and miraculously got about 20 min in before emby crashed.   I've been trying to continue from that point and I still get the crash within about 30 seconds each time. Timestamp of latest attempt around 9:00am in this log (and another attempt about half hour prior)

Log-14.txt

The movie is playing. The next thing I know, I'm looking at my AppleTV's home screen.

That sounds like the Apple player is crashing.

Lots of these errors in your log:

[segment @ 0x1b08e80] Non-monotonous DTS in output stream 0:1; previous: 10712123, current: 10710261; changing to 10712124. This may result in incorrect timestamps in the output file.
[aac @ 0x1fb1940] Queue input is backward in time
[segment @ 0x1b08e80] Non-monotonous DTS in output stream 0:1; previous: 10712124, current: 10710000; changing to 10712125. This may result in incorrect timestamps in the output file.
[aac @ 0x1fb1940] Queue input is backward in time
[segment @ 0x1b08e80] Non-monotonous DTS in output stream 0:1; previous: 10712125, current: 10712090; changing to 10712126. This may result in incorrect timestamps in the output file.
[segment @ 0x1b08e80] Non-monotonous DTS in output stream 0:1; previous: 10712126, current: 10711829; changing to 10712127. This may result in incorrect timestamps in the output file.
[segment @ 0x1b08e80] Non-monotonous DTS in output stream 0:1; previous: 10712127, current: 10711567; changing to 10712128. This may result in incorrect timestamps in the output file.

I wonder if the Apple player simply cannot handle the bad timestamps.

joshforman

I wonder if the Apple player simply cannot handle the bad timestamps.

‍Plex has no trouble with these files

Edited by joshforman

It will only play one intro from this folder, but if you setup media info intros, then it will also play one from that. Did you do that?

joshforman

It will only play one intro from this folder, but if you setup media info intros, then it will also play one from that. Did you do that?

Codec intros? No, I don't have that configured. Emby sometimes plays multiple videos from the "custom intro" folder...not always though

That's strange. Looking at the code it shouldn't be possible. @ have you seen this happen with your intros?

Guest asrequested

That's strange. Looking at the code it shouldn't be possible. @ have you seen this happen with your intros?

Mine play as they should. I'm curious, though. I need to clarify something.

You said it plays preroll videos. Can you specify how many trailers and how many custom intros? You have it set to play 3 trailers, and you have the custom intros configured. So it should play 4 videos, before the movie.

joshforman

Mine play as they should. I'm curious, though. I need to clarify something.

You said it plays preroll videos. Can you specify how many trailers and how many custom intros? You have it set to play 3 trailers, and you have the custom intros configured. So it should play 4 videos, before the movie.

it varies. Sometimes I'll only see 2 trailers before pre-roll videos.

Honestly, it's a miracle I get this far. I've had this installed for around a year and usually the interface doesn't even load, and when it doesn't, it doesn't load item details, and when it does, it doesn't play. Only lately have I had any type of success in using it

So currently, I'm at the point where it plays 2 trailers and doesn't get to the third. And once it got stuck on the third, and skipped to the preroll video. It then showed it was playing the main movie (i swipe down to see the info) but it never got started.

[next day edit: and now i'm back to the library not even loading on the web or in the apps]

Edited by joshforman

Guest asrequested

I'm confused. So nothing works? And what exactly are you calling 'preroll' video, if it's not a codec intro or trailer?

Edited by Doofus