Fairplay decryption failed on binary

mahuti

mahuti

My Mac locked up while using it today. emby was on in the background. After restarting, I get this message: 

3/28/18 5:21:59.606 PM com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.emby.server.152824[1035]) FairPlay decryption failed on binary.

Every time. It shows as attempting to launch in the application monitor, but then fails to do anything after that message is printed out to the console. I tried reinstalling, which did not help, as well as multiple restarts. 

At this point I'm at a loss. Any thoughts? 

OSX Yosemite 10.10.5. 2.8ghz Intel Core 2 Duo. 8GB Memory

I was running the last vs. of emby compatible with my OS. I'm sorry I don't have the number available, but I can't launch the app to find out. 

mahuti

Since I'm completely unable to use Emby in any way right now, I am working on setting up a new server on a different machine. All of the movies and their thumbnails are stored on an external drive, so I can move that simply enough.

What I can't seem to find are all of the other metadata files (actors, etc). I looked in the wiki and forums and could not find the default location for all of the metadata files on a Mac. Can you point me to them? A search of my machine yields nothing. I've been trying to look in the normal places, but so far I've found nothing. Any help would be appreciated. 

Nevermind. I found it:   /.config/emby-server

Edited by mahuti