Emby not communicating with Trakt anymore

heula

snodrog742

Hi Luke

I've reauthorised it but it seems to not be keeping the auth code. I save the code, run the task and it looks like it's updated, but it's not updated anything to Trakt and when I look back at the plugin settings its lost the auth codes. 

I've updated the log file, any ideas why it's still not working? 

The auth code disappearing is normal as it exchanges for a token but not updating anything is exactly the issue.

Hi Luke

I've reauthorised it but it seems to not be keeping the auth code. I save the code, run the task and it looks like it's updated, but it's not updated anything to Trakt and when I look back at the plugin settings its lost the auth codes. 

I've updated the log file, any ideas why it's still not working? 

Are you sure this is the right log? Everything looks successful here.

snodrog742

I'm having same issues with Trakt.  Logs show completing but shows I've watched in Emby are not being marked in Trakt.

Are you sure this is the right log? Everything looks successful here.

Mine was successful too but same issue.  Is there a reason you question our ability to provide correct logs rather than believing we did?

I've tried again with debug logging on and attached the log files. I'm getting fails each time I try to sync to Trakt, but not when I do the import playstates from Trakt.

Log.txt

Why would it only get errors on one task and not the other though? I'm just uninstalling the pluging, will reboot the server, reinstall and reauth and try again

Edited by F1nchy

snodrog742

What exactly do you mean by "getting fails"?

Funny you ignore the other person providing logs.  Is this what Emby Support is turning into?

Funny you ignore the other person providing logs.  Is this what Emby Support is turning into?

Nobody is being ignored. @@J2ghz will be looking at this. Please take a look around the community at how thoroughly we respond to just about every single topic and there really should be no way that you could possibly think that.

snodrog742

Nobody is being ignored. @@J2ghz will be looking at this. Please take a look around the community at how thoroughly we respond to just about every single topic and there really should be no way that you could possibly think that.

Please advise where your response to post #23 is?  Photo evidence preferred.

You request logs, we comply, you blame us not providing correct logs - that's not support; that's called the blame game in today's world.  If you don't want to support, just say it.  Otherwise, stop being a jack*** which rears it's head every other month and support.

Edited by snodrog742

Please advise where your response to post #23 is?  Photo evidence preferred.

I already responded to say that we have someone looking into this. I then responded to the next user for more info/clarification so that I would have more information to pass onto the person who will be working on this.

snodrog742

I already responded to say that we have someone looking into this. 

Post #?  I see nothing saying "I have so and so looking into this...."

snodrog742

#35. I don't have answers at this stage. I am only asking questions to collect information.

Post #35 only states our debate and not that you have someone looking into it until that exact post.  WHERE do you state before post #35 that you had someone looking into it? I've read every single post and you skipping over my post #23.  Let's slow down and actually read this thread, @@Luke

Edited by snodrog742

My Emby Server keeps losing the Trakt auth codes. I just looked again and the ones I'd got earlier have gone, this has happened a number of times. 

snodrog742

My Emby Server keeps losing the Trakt auth codes. I just looked again and the ones I'd got earlier have gone, this has happened a number of times. 

The auth code disappearing is normal as it exchanges for a token but not updating anything is exactly the issue.

Normal behavior.

Hi, I'm looking into this.

When you put PIN into the trakt plugin settings, it will be exchanged for an auth token and refresh token which are not visible in the settings page. If the exchange is successful, the PIN is deleted.

@@F1nchy I looked at your log from #29, can you please enable debug loggin in emby https://i.imgur.com/i6B5esN.png, and also enable debug logging in the trakt plugin https://i.imgur.com/V21Qh5P.png.
The second is so that I can see what exactly is being sent to trakt, to see why it would fail.

@@snodrog742 I had a look at your #23, and I can't find any errors in the log. If the sync succeeds but shows are missing, it could be that they are being wrongly matched, or not matched at all. Can you enable Emby debug logging and Trakt plugin debug logging as shown above?

OK, so I enabled debug logging on both as you asked. 

I reauthorised Trakt for the two Emby users (I've set up a second Trakt user for one of the Emby accounts so they now have seperate Trakt accounts, re my other thread on Trakt). 

I restarted Emby Server (just to check that it had saved the Trakt auth pins - it had them after the restart).

I then went to the scheduled tasks and ran the sync to Trakt and sync from Trakt. No errors showing, but when I go back to the Trakt plug in settings the auth pins are not there and I can't see anything synced to Trakt - the new one I set up should have a couple of episodes at least showing but it's still showing nothing watched - https://trakt.tv/users/f1nchy646/history

I've attached the log file. 

Thanks

Log.txt

Edited by F1nchy
  • Like 1

snodrog742

@@snodrog742 I had a look at your #23, and I can't find any errors in the log. If the sync succeeds but shows are missing, it could be that they are being wrongly matched, or not matched at all. Can you enable Emby debug logging and Trakt plugin debug logging as shown above?

First off, thank you so much for a detailed post.  This is all we needed.  I can enable those but after 3 days I just marked stuff manually in Trakt.  I'll see if I can reproduce with those turned on though.

• Like 1

@@F1nchy

The PINs are supposed to disappear. When they are gone it means they have been exchanged for an access token, which is not shown in the settings. If you want to check it, there is an "emby/plugins/configurations/Trakt.xml" file which stores the current configuration.
I had a look at your look log and it just says "Info Trakt: Movies to set watched: 0" and "Info Trakt: Episodes to set watched: 0".

Can you choose one show or movie (a movie is easier) to test with? Make sure it's watched in Emby and unwatched in Trakt. Check that "Three dots > Edit Metadata > External IDs" contains some IDs. Make sure in your Trakt plugin settings, "Update Trakt watched history during Scheduled Task" is checked. To be sure you can check your "emby/plugins/configurations/Trakt.xml". (If you post it somewhere remove your refresh and access tokens)

Thanks.

@@F1nchy

Make sure in your Trakt plugin settings, "Update Trakt watched history during Scheduled Task" is checked. To be sure you can check your "emby/plugins/configurations/Trakt.xml". 

Thanks.

Ah, thanks, I'll give that a try. 

I had that setting unticked as I thought that meant it ONLY updated trakt history during a scheduled task (which is currently once a day) and not having it ticked meant it would update at other times (ie during playing, with progress, watched, etc data).

Ah, that's working now, on both Emby users (each to a seperate Trakt account), great! 

So, just so I understand how it works, when does Emby sync with Trakt? Is it when a show/movie ends only? Or does it sync when you pause or stop midway as well? I'm just wondering how long it might take to sync the play state of something on another player (such as Emby) back to Emby Server. 

Ah, ok cool. THat's what I was hoping! Then could I perhaps suggest that the definition for the option in the Trakt plugin where it says;

"If checked, Emby will only sync from Trakt during the Trakt scheduled tasks"

is misleading or confusing, as (certainly to me!) it suggests that it only updates when a schedule task is run and not at any other time?