New ServerWMC Update 3/27/2018

Sammy

muranoone

If I disable it completely I cannot see any of my recordings.

I believe it’s because I use serverWMC plug-in to handle my recordings. I am pleased to see this rectified wife is happy and I have no clue why those were checked in the first place.

Hey Luke thanks for your assistance and you too Krusty !!

@Luke @krustyreturns

Watching Recorded TV with ServerWMC seems to work with 4.0.0.2 and direct access via SMB.    It wouldn't work before for me and I have no idea why, other than upgrading.   I've changed nothing else since my last test.  As a test I checked the second box and it didn't work, so I reverted back to the screenshot below.   I'll attach a log.  

5c3ecf907e7fa_NoURLforRecordedTV.jpg

Emby_4_Log.txt

Emby_4_Transcode_Log.txt

Thanks for the feedback ! Yes I think the issue is with http urls. As long as you configure it to pass the file paths, it should be fine.

muranoone

The issue resolved playing to a web based Emby, also the Sony TV Emby app and with the Update 4.0 Server all the old recordings now play correctly too!!!

Unfortunately for me no luck on the Apple TV 4K.

Same issue

“The RecTV File Name - Sundefined Eundefined” error.

Spins forever and when I hit menu to go back it’s says Sorry “error no document found on stack” I am going to test a few setting this evening and post back. I will try and get a log ASAP

Thanks everyone

Edited by muranoone

• 1 month later...

I'm experience this same issue with ServerWMC recordings, but unlike the previous poster, 4.0 does not solve the problem for me, the behavior is unchanged. I still get two versions of each recording, one with the filename and one 'undefined'. Only picking the one with the filename works. Some recordings have 2 'undefined', neither works. I think those recordings with 2 undefined's happened when I was messing with switching between URL and UNC settings for recordings in ServerWMC troubleshooting this. It seems they used to have a filename version and an undefined version, but after messing with the settings, they are now both undefined and stuck that way.

Also I noticed that when I go to view the recording's info page in Emby, ServerWMC reports an active stream for that recording, even though I haven't started playback and am just viewing the info page. I have to restart ServerWMC for the active streams to clear out.

• 2 months later...
muranoone

McChen.....Do you have subtitles on while watching live TV? Sometimes? All the Time? I am trying to link the Subtitles to this Sundefined Eundefined issue.

I am still seeing odd behavior with respect to my ServerMCE Recordings via the Apple TV  4K Stream.

1.Sometimes I can see Recordings properly , I click on the Main Image Poster takes me to a Sub Folder then when i click ENTER or OK on the Episodes it does bring up nice normal info on the file allows me to see Metadata and looks great as expected Plays Quick and smooth no buffering.

2.Other times I can see Recordings properly,  I click on the Main image Poster takes me to a Sub Folder then when i click ENTER or OK on the episode it looks like its about to play but it just says "Sundefined Eundefined" and Hangs for a long time.

BUT if scenario 2. rather than click ENTER or OK if I just hit PLAY on the Episode it skips the Details page all together and Plays Quickly and smooth no buffering.

So with Respect to the ServerWMC WEB Player in Chrome, All my Recordings show "undefined" under "Version" tab.... but it Defaults to the Correct Show Metadata from WMC so the there is no issues playing in the WEB Player. it used to Default to "undefined" and cause the same Hang issue mentioned in scenario 2. 

I think (could be wrong) maybe Subtitles may be the issue or SAP conflict maybe somewhere in the Plugin for ServerWMC its just an observation, please investigate Krusty..Luke

you guys can certainly figure this out.. if you need anything from me  lmk.

Thanks 

Robert

Edited by muranoone

• 2 weeks later...
McChen

I don't use subtitles at all

I just got an Apple TV 4k, but i haven't tested much on that device yet. Seems to be not related to what device is used, but I need to test more when I have time. I know Emby had some recent updates as well as the ServerWMC plugin, not sure yet if any changes have address this yet.

• 8 months later...

I think I found the issue why only HTTP URLs work for live streams. 

Emby is looking for the TS of the live stream in the TempSWMC folder, but it is actually in the TempRec folder. Can we get this fixed?

For Example, Emby is looking for the TS file here: \\192.168.1.50\Recorded TV2\TempSWMC\LiveTV_Emby^HTPC-Xeon^0_Digital Cable_502_2020_01_30_17_25_32.ts

However, it should be looking here: \\192.168.1.50\Recorded TV2\TempRec\LiveTV_Emby^HTPC-Xeon^0_Digital Cable_502_2020_01_30_17_25_32.ts

I think I found the issue why only HTTP URLs work for live streams. 

Emby is looking for the TS of the live stream in the TempSWMC folder, but it is actually in the TempRec folder. Can we get this fixed?

For Example, Emby is looking for the TS file here: \\192.168.1.50\Recorded TV2\TempSWMC\LiveTV_Emby^HTPC-Xeon^0_Digital Cable_502_2020_01_30_17_25_32.ts

However, it should be looking here: \\192.168.1.50\Recorded TV2\TempRec\LiveTV_Emby^HTPC-Xeon^0_Digital Cable_502_2020_01_30_17_25_32.ts

Re: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/65846-cant-watch-recordings-through-serverwmc-tile/&do=findComment&comment=838242